Sunday, March 3, 2013

February 16-23, 2013

After the team left for the airport, I got to work on study materials for the Women’s Bible Study class. I also did some computer work and tried to get my mind on what needed to be done first. There is never a lack of work for me and I love it. I just fret sometimes over whether I’m being efficient!

I was going with the band to play at a special service at San Jacinto. Jorge said I could ride with them and we loaded up the bigger van and left at 3pm. At 3:05pm, a belt broke on the van (at the end of our street) and we had to tow the van back to the team house and switch to 2 different vans. LOL We picked up the band members and huge speakers and headed off to San Jacinto.

The worship service was at an intersection of 2 small dirt streets. A single light bulb was rigged up in a tree. We set up and had wonderful music and some great preaching from Pastor Yader. It was hard to see anything with just the one light, so when I wanted to take pics of the crowd, I just pointed my phone and clicked. Some turned out good and some I deleted. It was such a surprise to see what actually came out on the screen!

We got back to town and gassed up the vans, unpacked the instruments and then I treated the band to Chinese food. Everything was closing up, so we got our food to go and each ate at our own houses. But it was really good and I had a blast hanging out with the band while waiting on our food. It was a great day!

I couldn’t get FBC Rogers On-line, and I had a wonderful time at worship the night before, so I decided to stay at the team house on Sunday morning.

I did a bunch of laundry (including donated clothes from the team) and did a bunch of work on the computer. Lots of communication every day. But I love it.

Sherry and Manuel arrived today and Mike brought Manuel over for some swimming. It was so good to see him!

Mondays are always busy with 2 classes to teach in the afternoon and evening. I try to accomplish as much as I can in the mornings. It’s busy around the team house on Monday mornings, too. Besides the workers all arriving first thing, the supervisors at the feeding centers come to get food for the day. Lesly goes to buy the cheese and produce for the week for the feeding centers. It’s very busy and fun.

The classes went great and I got to watch a video before bed. Speaking of bed, Buster ran under my bed (amongst the plastic tubs) and took up residence for the night. I gave up on getting him out and he peacefully slept there all night. He’s so funny!

Tuesday was a good day to catch up. I also got to call Deanna back in Rogers for a chat. Jorge took me to run errands, including buying nylon strings for my guitar. While at the little music store, I bought a tambourine for the Monte Horeb church. Jorge took me to another music store here in León, but their prices were higher. It was good to see another store, though.

I printed off some song lyrics and watched a video about guitar chords that my friend Areyson posted on my fb page. Then practiced a little bit, watched a video and hit the sack. Another good day!

Wednesday was a very fun day! German had a staff meeting with the workers and then Lesly went with me to buy some supplies and run other errands. Then I was dropped off at Tamara’s house to meet up with some of the ladies from the North American Women’s Bible Study. (sounds official, but it’s just a group of North American missionaries who get together for Bible Study and prayer and encouragement) We all went to Suyapa beach and had lunch. It was so fun!

When I got back to the team house, Freddy was using the computer so I talked to him for a little bit. The band was practicing, which while it’s great to hear the music, it is hard to have a conversation! So I spent time in my room and watched the first video for the Bible Study (I’m behind 2 weeks) and did days 1-3 of the homeword. It was great!

Thursday started with computer work and then Yanina came to study the lesson for WBSLT for the week. 2 weeks a month, she has to miss the Monday class due to her work schedule, so we make it up on Thursday mornings. I like getting that one on one time with her.

I got to spend time chatting with Mike, German and Sherry. I changed my return flight to the US to accommodate my new summer schedule. I called my sister Sandy for a few minutes and I got to Skype with my other sister Pam. I got the chance to run to the grocery store, sewing store and buy a couple of shirts. Edmundo dropped me off for shopping while he drove Mayela to the bus terminal. I love getting to shop by myself sometimes.

The band was practicing, so I ordered pizza for everyone, but I ate in my room doing computer stuff. I ordered some clothes from Walmart.com and the March team is bringing them down to me. So handy!!!

Friday morning, I taught the English Bible Study Group. We’ve gained some new students, including a Pastor, who I say is keeping me honest in my teaching! Haha

A bunch more computer work and a visit from my friend Freddy. I treated Jorge, Lesly, Jaasiel and Mayela to Eskimo ice cream. It’s so hit down here right now, the ice cream is even better than usual! I swam in the pool at sunset with Buster (the dog) and got some good exercise. It was a very good day!
Saturday is a wonderful day for me when we don’t have teams. It is very quiet here with just me and Alberto, usually. I get things done that need a lot of concentration. I also get to take a nap or two!

I finally got my payment to go through for my PO Box in Rogers. Sometimes it is very easy to handle business and buy things via the internet. Sometimes, not so much. But I’m grateful none the less.

I got the chance to chat with Sherry a little bit, take 2 naps (mid morning and afternoon), watch the 2nd Bible Study video and do more homework, swim with the dog again, practice guitar, visit with Lesly and Bruno for a short time while they waited on Jorge to get back with the band instruments, watch a video and go to bed. Ahhhh, Saturday!

God is so good to me to allow me to live and serve here. I can’t image doing anything else or living anywhere else right now. There is plenty of work and plenty of fun and blessings. Many people are hungry to hear the Word. It’s awesome! I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment