Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday, February 17, 2011

This has been a great week. God has filled my days with many opportunities to study His word, work in current ministries, meet new people, discover new opportunities to serve, work along side some great kids, discuss future mission trips, and check many things off of my to-do list. I love being surrounded by inspiring Christians. God is so busy all around us. We just have to open our eyes and ask Him what He wants us to be involved in. He is more than generous in His blessings of opportunities.

Our Ladies' Bible study was great on Tuesday. I just can't say enough about how much I love this Chronological study. Actually, I can't find the appropriate words to describe it. God is really speaking to me through this study in ways that I never imagined. I'm very thankful. Lisa does a wonderful job with the large group lecture portion. The worship music was beautiful. Our small group is very encouraging. We had a quick luncheon with our small group at Diane Lee's house. It was a nice time to get to know some of the ladies better.

Things are hopping with the plans for the March Nicaragua mission team from FBCR. Plans are being set up and then changed, but we are flexible and ready to serve in any way that we are called. I think it's going to be a great trip! We have opportunity to share Jesus with thousands of people during that week. I think the team is getting more excited as the time approaches. I was blessed with a couple of hundred girls t-shirt to take with us to Nica. We'll try to get these included in the extra bags of supplies that we will take with us.

Last night (Wed) I attended the 'core group' meeting for Cuerpo Vivo. Pastor Jaime had a great message geared toward the prayer life of leadership. The second part of the evening was spent with each leader sharing the status of their areas of responsibility. Such wonderful growth within the church. I was excited that I could understand about 85% of everything that was said, considering the meeting was all in Spanish. That made me feel good, too!

Before leaving the church last night, I was blessed to get to spend some time in discussion with Pastor Wes. He has just returned from India and Dubai, visiting 2 FBCR families who are serving as full-time missionaries. We caught up a little on a few local projects and what God is doing. I rarely get to fit into Bro Wes' busy schedule, and I treasure those times when I do.

Today was lovely. I got some work done here at home on the computer, and then had a lunch meeting with 2 great ladies to discuss Forever Fed. This project is going to be wonderful to be a part of. Many people will be ministered to through this new opportunity. I'll be sharing more about it in the weeks to come.

This afternoon was filled with sorting thousands of t-shirt and a few hundred fleece hoodies that were donated for distribution. I was blessed to work along side the 4 oldest Janes kids. They were a big help and we treated ourselves to a snack from Arby's when finished. Some of the shirts are going to Nicaragua, some were taken to My Closet, which is a clothing distribution hosted by FBCR youth girls as an outreach, some were given to Puente for distribution, and some are being picked up tomorrow by one of the social workers for Rogers school system. I just found out about the cache of clothing on Monday. It's great to have them distributed in less than a week. God is so good about showing where the puzzle pieces all fit together. We just have to pay attention!

I have enjoyed having the use of Deanna's van this week. I was able to get a lot of things done outside of the house. God is providing rides to most of the places that I need to get to after Deanna gets back. It's hard for me to ask people to take me places because I don't want to impose. But everyone is so gracious about it. I really appreciate it.

I was thrilled to get a phone call from German (from Nicaragua) today. It was great to hear his voice. I feel like he's my little brother and I enjoy working with him very much. It will be so much fun to be back in Nica.

I am counting my blessings tonight. God has been so good to me. Just belonging to Him is more than I can ask for. And He shows His love for me in so many ways. Sometimes the best ones are little things that may not mean anything to some one else, but thrill me. He cares about even the little things. I love the ways that He shows me how much I need Him. Those times are not easy, but they bring me so much closer to Him. No matter what He brings my way, I'm thankful and I'm His.

No comments:

Post a Comment