Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday evening hanging out with 2 cute dogs. They are napping so that they will have energy to walk to their beds later. :)

I'm enjoying getting to be on the internet while house/dog sitting this weekend. I'm getting a lot of work done.

I finished up buying items for the Teachers at Northside Elementary School. This is the second year that we have asked the teachers for a wish list to help them in their classrooms. It's fun to shop for the items. I got to share about missions and FBCR with the cashier at Office Depot. Great stuff.

I got to have lunch with Nana Ruth today. I've been trying to spend some quality time with friends in the midst of all the busy-ness.

This week my youngest sister, Pam, found out that she has breast cancer. They think they may have found it early. She goes to the surgeon next week and the oncologist the week after. Hopefully, they will have a plan determined in the next weeks and get this taken care of. I'm asking everyone to lift her in prayer, for healing and for Christ's salvation.

I would love for as many believers as possible to send her email messages. pjboles@hughes.net I think she would be amazed at how many people who don't even know her are praying for her. A real example of just how big God is.

I'm still trying to get my mind wrapped around the fact that I'll be leaving for Nicaragua in a couple of weeks. There is still so much to do that I haven't really concentrated on all I need to do to be ready.

One by one, I'm handing off projects or wrapping them up. Kaylie did a great job getting some volunteers together to pack the latest group of Compassion Kits for Dubai. I'll deliver the teachers gifts on Tuesday. Hopefully, the people that God is calling to lead the Friday Free Meal Project will step up and the ministry will be in place soon. I think everything else is in good hands.

One thing that makes me cry every time I leave for any length of time is to be away from my wonderful church family at Cuerpo Vivo. I love these families so much. I am truly blessed beyond words to get to serve with them when I'm here in Rogers and then to get to serve with Voice of Hope in Nicaragua. God is so gracious.

I'm getting some much needed rest this weekend since I can stay in with the dogs and do computer work. I actually took a nap yesterday and hope to grab one tomorrow, too. It's easy to do here in sleepydog land. A good atmosphere to rest and spend time with my Awesome God.

No comments:

Post a Comment