Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday, October 15, 2010

Wow! It's been 2 weeks since I've posted. I've been so busy with work and with many, many sitting jobs (for which I am very grateful!).

I have been able to earn enough money for my new glasses (which I love, by the way), a dentist appointment and putting some cash away into savings for a new computer. It's kept me hopping getting everywhere I'm supposed to be. I haven't missed anything yet, but I'm keeping a list on my phone as well as on paper (in case I lose the phone).

I got to doggie-sit with Gus Krupka again. He is such a cuddler, but so heavy! He also has to sleep with you and he is a bed hog, not to mention that he snores like a lumber jack! I like being with him though. Those big brown eyes sure get to me...

I was blessed to kid-sit for Manuel Hulsey this past week. I picked him up from school and we ran errands, including have a nice meal at Olive Garden. After running to Walmart and then to my house to take care of the pets, I told him we were going to his house next. He said "Praise the Lord". I think he was getting a little tired. He played the drums for me with the Rock Band video. I had to clap and woohoo like I was at a concert. He is so funny. We had a very nice time together and then I took him to school the next morning. He told me that Don (his imaginary friend) knows Deanna. Evidently, he thinks that she is my imaginary friend since he didn't see her at my house. Manuel said that I could come back and stay with him another time if I want to. I think I'll take him up on that!

Deanna came home yesterday. yay! Of course, I'm granny sitting with Miss Juanita again, so I'm not at the house much. But it's nice to know that she is there. Jet is very happy. She gave him a huge brushing this morning. He laid on his back with his feet up in the air so she could get his tummy. He looks so much slimmer (for him) without all that extra hair. I was not very good at getting him brushed while Deanna was gone and it really showed. He is such a sweetie.

We had an informational meeting for potential team members for the Spring Break Nic Team. I'm working on getting more info out to the interested parties this week. I'm on the move so much, and a lot of places that I'm staying at don't have internet, so it's hard to get everything done and sent like I would prefer. It will all come together, though. I'm excited about getting the team put together and all we will experience as God works around us and through us in Nic.

I met with some people about Thanksgiving Meals. I will be in Nic this year, so I won't be involved with the meal project here, except to get the flyers printed. I'll be serving beans and rice to a community on Thanksgiving day. I can't wait to get back down there!

Well, better get off of here for now and finish my work at the church so I can get back to Miss Juanita. I'm thankful that there is work to be done while I'm at her house. God sure blesses my socks off!

I'll be running around this weekend buying more supplies to fill 360 more Compassion Kits for Dubai. It's fun to buy so much stuff and get to talk to the sales clerks about why I'm buying it. It's fun to share what God is doing and how easy it is to be a part of His work. I'm hope I'm planting seeds everywhere I go.

There's so much to do and I'm so thankful that God allows me this life to help with His Kingdom! All glory to Him in everything!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey seed-planter! Your posts make me smile. I love your busyness for others...even those rascally dogs. :-) Nic is coming up fast for you. We need to visit again before then.

    ReplyDelete