Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It's been over a week since my last post and I'm trying to remember all that's happened. If it weren't for the calendar on my phone, I'd be lost. I better take good care of that phone!

Last Wednesday was the first night of our Small Groups training for Cuerpo Vivo. We had over 20 kids to incorporate into the regular childcare at the church. That's always a challenge. It went pretty well. Jaime and Oliver are very pleased and encouraged by the turnout of adults for the Small Groups. It's really going to make a difference in the growth (both spiritual as well as numbers) for the church. God is blessing Cuerpo Vivo very much.

Tonight was the second week of Small Groups and I was blessed with the task of caring for a special needs 12 year old while his parents were in the class. David is very pleasant to be around and we did a lot of walking and about a half hour of playing in water (one of his favorite things). I'm glad that his mom and dad both got to participate tonight.

I got to granny-sit with Miss Juanita off and on for 4 days. She's such a sweetie. I enjoy her company. And I like taking Ella for walks. Ella is well known in the neighborhood, as are most pets, I imagine. Jet always looks at me with questioning eyes when I come home smelling of another dog. But he forgives me pretty quickly.

Speaking of Jet, he was trying to keep me from leaving the other day and laid across the threshold of the front door. He's been pretty funny lately. Deanna is in Las Vegas helping her daughter's family of missionaries with the Kid's Club this week. Jet is lonely during the day when I'm gone. The cat is even acting her silly self when Deanna is gone. She slips into the bottom drawer in the kitchen and then climbs from the back into the middle drawer where she sleeps on the dishtowels. She only does this when Deanna is gone. I moved Jet's bed to my den, but the cat sleeps on it instead of him. As I write this, Jet is sleeping at the foot of Deanna's chair. I think he misses her. I try not to spoil him too much while she's gone, but she says that I've ruined him already. ha. At least he's a good spoiled...

I've had a good time meeting with different agencies around town to set up volunteer projects for the kids during Mission Rogers Youth Week. We've got 15 different places to serve that week (June 28-July 2). I think a lot of blessings will be flowing in all directions.

My loaner car decided to succomb to the heat at the grocery parking lot on Monday night. It may be the battery or something else electrical. I had to get to the church to do child care for Cuerpo Vivo, so Isidro came to my rescue. The next day, my friend Bryon got the car home where it refused to start again. I'm borrowing Deanna's van while she is gone to meet all the appointments that I have had this week so far. Tomorrow I don't have to be anywhere at any specific time, so maybe we can get the car checked out. The 'mission mobile' needs lots of prayers. It gets tired sometimes. But I'm so blessed to have it for sure!

Tonight I participated in the youth and parents meeting for the kids coming to Mission Rogers. It's going to be so fun. I can't wait for some of Janet's cooking. She always does a great job cooking for the youth.

I'll be leaving for Nicaragua in about a month. I can't wait! I saw all three girls who are going and they are excited, too. I'll start packing my suitcases with special stuff to take there. I've been picking up clothing from consignments shops and cutting off the pants to make capris and getting shirts and skirts and dresses to wear. I'm ready to get hot and sweaty and dirty!

I'm excited to receive the Audio Bible in Spanish that I ordered last week. I'll download it on my iPod and listen to it to learn more of Spanish. What a perfect thing to be listening to so I can immerse myself in hearing the language. Now I just have to figure out how to download it!!

Time for bed. It's been a long and tiring day. But it has been so good. God is so busy all around us. When we stop to really take a look, it's amazing. Glorify Yourself Sweet Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment