Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Another busy day and feeling nicely tired. I love going to bed when I feel like I've really accomplished something that day.

Last Saturday I got up early and took a long walk. I was in a very tender mood emotionally and enjoyed a good, cleansing cry on a park bench. Sometimes you just need one of those. I can't even remember what all I did that day, but I know I was spending a lot of time speaking to God about various things.

Sunday was Father's Day and the papa's at Cuerpo Vivo really enjoyed their gifts that Cora helped me put together (flashlight keychains and bookmarks). It was a beautiful, sunny day... just perfect for relaxing.

Monday and Tuesday were great days to get my walk in early before it got too hot. I just love being outside. Monday evening I went with Deanna and the kids to her grandson, Kennon's birthday dinner. He ended up getting his head smashed into the cake. Thankfully, we all got a piece of it before it was destroyed. It was a great cake! Poor Kennon had chocolate icing all over his head. His dad caught it on his iPhone, so it's posted on facebook for posterity.

This week has been busy so far with getting things done for Mission Rogers next week. I get some good computer time accomplished in the den as well as time at the church printing off stuff I've worked on. Some errands and shopping for items for the Missions week round out my days. Tuesday, Elaine and I went shopping for some things that she needed. I ran into some really good deals on a few more dresses to wear in Nic and also some children's hats to take to the kids in Nic. We found some good items for Elaine's new business, too. She says I'm a great bargain finder. I love the challenge!!

Our book study on Crazy Love was really good last night. It's so good to review this book and to get to discuss it with some very insightful ladies. This book really convicts me on so many levels. It makes me want to strive to get closer and closer to God and spend my time totally devoted to Him. I fail at it often, as we all do, but it makes me more aware and I will try to be better about it.

Tonight I got to share a little with the Youth kids who will be part of Mission Rogers next week. It will be so fun to see God at work through these kids. It really blesses my heart.

I'm running to Pea Ridge tomorrow to pick up something, so I'll have lunch with my friend Zandra. I can't wait to see her. We just don't get together often enough. We all need to slow down and spend time with loved ones.

I have a lot of running around to do to finish getting ready for next week, and I think that Cora will like helping me out with those errands. She is such a wonderful little helper. And she has such a caring heart for people. It's hard to believe that she's only 7 1/2 sometimes. She is going to be a wonderful evangelistic young lady as she grows up. She inspires me.

Time for bed. Another night of sweet sleep. I'm going to bed exceptionally thankful tonight. God has blessed my life so much.

1 comment:

  1. Cora inspires me as well. Thank you for saying such kind things about her. I know God has such amazing plans for her life and I am anxious and excited to see those plans come to pass. I pray she never loses her compassion for people and love for the Lord.
    It has been such a blessing spending time with you this week!

    ReplyDelete