Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday night and I'm good and tired.
It's been a good couple of days of productivity, rest, fellowship and blessings.

Yesterday, I went on my walk early, then got some computer work done. I went to Pea Ridge to pick up something from a pharmacy (and to say hi to Michael!), so while there I checked out some good deals at Fred's Discount Store. (God is putting some really cheap stuff in front of me.) Then I was blessed to have lunch with my dear friend Zandra. We went to a little cafe and had our favorite cobb salad. It is so delicious there. The chicken is marinated in some yummy stuff. We don't even ask for dressing. On the way back in to Rogers, I stopped at the Women's Shelter Thrift Store and found some baseball caps for Nic for only 50 cents each. woohoo.

Last night I get to spend some time with my wonderful friend Becca. It was the first time we have went out with just the two of us. I really enjoy her company. She is an awesome woman and mamma. I admire her very much. We went to one of our favorite restaurants, Taste of Thai. We ended up sitting there for hours just talking. About 9:30 we noticed that they were turning off the 'open' sign, so we asked if they were closing. It turns out that they actually close at 9:00, but were too respectful to us to tell us to leave. They were very sweet to us.

Today, Cora went with me this morning to run some more errands for Mission Rogers. We hit 4 stores in less than 2 hours. We did good!!! She is such a joy to be with. I was telling her how much I enjoyed her company when shopping. She asked what I will do when she is gone back to Las Vegas. I told her I would probably have to go to the stores over and over because I would forget the things that she helps me to remember. And it will be lonely to shop without her.

I got some more computer stuff done for Mission Rogers and then took 3 of the Janes kids to help me post some BYBC flyers at the apartment complex. I can always count on those kids to help me out with work. It's wonderful to have help just a phonecall away.

This evening I made a couscous chicken salad for tomorrow's Jewelry party brunch. Deanna made some muffins and Elaine is going to make some quiche and more muffins. It will be yummy!

The jewelry party will be fun. I don't wear a lot of jewlery, but it will be nice to see pretty things and to visit with friends. I know that Elaine will do a wonderful job of demonstrating. It will be fun to see her using some of the display goodies that we have found on our excursions for bargains.

I can't believe that I leave for Nic just 2 weeks from tomorrow. I've been so busy with Mission Rogers that it hasn't really sunk in my mind how close the date is. I'm excited and have been gathering items to take down there to give away and have been sewing some hot-weather clothing to wear. It's been fun.

Mission Rogers preparation is coming along very well. Landon has been very busy assigning kids to the work projects. I've been working on confirming the details of the locations as well as picking up more supplies and working on little projects to be ready. I'm enjoying it a lot. I think many people will be touched next week. Awesome!

Well, time for bed. I've enjoyed another day of God's blessings and surprises. He is awesome. And I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment