Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday, June 18, 2010

It's been an interesting couple of days. Some stressful stuff, some happy stuff. Right now my mind feels like it's in a vacuum.

I was blessed to be able to walk yesterday and this morning before it got too hot. It's so beautiful outside. While walking, I saw an armadillo squashed beside the road. I took a picture of it today and posted it on facebook with the caption "life without Christ". For some reason that poor flat creature with his innards baking in the sun seemed to resonate with me right now.

I had a very good blessing (in a round-about way). One of the huge things on my plate that needed to be organized before I leave for Nic in 3 weeks was Back To School Bash in August. Due to scheduling conflicts, it has been postponed to later in Sept and we'll just call it something else. This took a lot of pressure off of my overloaded timetable for now. Thank you Lord so much for looking out for me always in every way.

I've been in kind of a funk all day, feeling like I'm letting people down in some way or another. I think it's mostly the enemy trying to steal my joy and distract me from my work. But no matter what I feel emotionally, I know that God is beside me all the time. It's during the uncertain times with life that I learn to trust more in my relationship with God. He's all that matters to me. What He thinks of me and how He feels about me is what counts.

Cora and JD (Deanna's grandkids) helped me with a couple of projects for Nic and Cuerpo Vivo. Cora also helped me grocery shop today. She's a really good helper.

Tomorrow I need to spend a big chunk of time on a project for Mission Rogers and then plan to take a good nap. Perhaps I'll sew up another dress for Nic. I have some chicken breasts marinating in 3 different concoctions in the fridge. One is Mexican spices, one is Oriental and the third is Mediterranean. I'll cook these up and have them ready for some special salads. I picked up some special items like calamatta olives and feta cheese for the Med salad, peppers & cilantro & avocado for the Mex salad, and water chestnuts & bean sprouts & mandarin oranges for the Oriental salad. Special dressings for all. Yum! I can't wait to fill up on them this week! And I can share them with Elaine, too.

Cora and I picked up some special treats for her and JD while they are here. Popcorn, ice cream (including toppings and cones), juice boxes, etc. We got a couple of ball caps for them to decorate as a rainy-day project. Deanna says that I have spoiled her dog and her grandkids. Yep, that's my job!!

Well, time for bed yet again. Sweet rest. I'm going to imagine myself curled up in the palm of God's hand. No better place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment