Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Another week has gone by and much has happened. God is so busy all around. I'm glad He allows me to jump on board the train as it passes by me.

I spent Thursday morning checking in on Miss Juanita and then running around town to find deals on stuff of Nic, Cuerpo Vivo, local missions, etc. I ran across some really good bargains. It was a very nice day.

The car only needed a new battery, so I got that taken care of with the help of a friend. Now it happily cruises down the road. (I think it secretly wants a good bath and grooming sometime soon)

I got to spend some time with Mrs. Pauline on Friday while we worked on stuffing the bulletin for church. It was nice to catch up with her. We discussed my being a Missionary in Residence. I think it's hard for some people to understand that you can live and serve as a missionary in your hometown. I actually get to serve here in Rogers for FBCR, serve with Cuerpo Vivo, and also go to Nicaragua on trips to serve with Voice of Hope Ministries. It's a good fit for me.

I spent time running back and forth doing errands, having meetings, visiting Miss Juanita, and taking care of the livestock at home. It was fun, but I always worry I will forget to be somewhere.

Saturday was a day of catching up on projects at the house. I sewed some dresses for Nicaragua, sorted some gifts/prizes to take to Nic, prepared the gifts to be given to the dads at Cuerpo Vivo on Father's Day, did laundry, fixed an awesome salad and most importantly took a good nap!

Sunday was a nice time at Cuerpo Vivo. We had a guest speaker from Nicaragua. Many of our congregation are traveling this summer or out of pocket working at Camp War Eagle. Even if we are down in numbers on some Sundays, it's still a sweet time of worship. Wednesday small groups are doing very well and there is spiritual growth and close fellowship. God is really blessing the church.

The plans for Mission Rogers Youth Week are moving along nicely. We have 60+ kids and 15 locations/projects spread throughout the week. I think the kids are really going to get a blessing as they serve others. I'm enjoying working with Brian, Landon, Mary Claire, Misty and Sheree on the plans so far.

I'm very busy trying to finalize the work projects for the Youth week, getting everything done ahead for Cuerpo Vivo, planning the Back To School Bash and the School Supplies project that will happen after I return from Nic, but need to be planned before I leave in 3 weeks. I'm starting to get a little stressed about accomplishing it all. I know if I leave it to God to make the plans and guide me, He will work things out as they should be. I just need to focus on Him to help me know what, when, where and how. If I'm stressed, it means that I'm not focusing on and trusting in Him. A lesson I have to learn every day.

Monday night I got to go to a little fellowship outing with Deanna's ABF class. We went to Dress Barn women's store and shopped and tried on clothes and just hung out being ladies. A few of us went to Mimi's Cafe for a snack and chat. It was a very nice evening. Since I was sitting in for Deanna, I called her in Las Vegas to tell her how much fun 'she' had at the outing.

Our Tuesday night book study on Crazy Love is very insightful and interesting. I'm enjoying re-reading the book. It is very convicting and thought provoking. I love that it makes me seek my God more earnestly. I need to be challenged in that way constantly.

Deanna came home today. It's good to have her home. The animals were glad to see her, too. Elaine and the grandkids came, too. It will be fun to spend time with them.

Time to get off of the computer and start the trek to bed. Much to do tomorrow. Time is flying by. Help me to use my time wisely for You Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment