Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's been over a week since the last post, but I thought for sure that I had written one, evidently not. Let's see, what all has happened...

New Year's Eve was nice. I got some work done at the church and then ran errands and went to the store for some items to make 'healthy junk food' for Deanna and I to celebrate New Years. We had home-made guacamole, low-fat spinach & artichoke dip, and other stuff. Yum!! Then we were both in bed early. ha! The last time I remember looking at the bedroom clock, it was 10 minutes till midnight. I couldn't even make it those last 10 minutes. oh well...

On New Year's Day, we worked on the kitchen pantry, which I have been threatening to attack for months. After about 5 hours, we were finished and the pantry looks great. We even found tons of food that we didn't know was in there! It looks like a little market now. It will be so much nicer to fix meals now that we can find everything. I need those 'pantry' days for my heart and mind sometimes. A good cleaning out and organizing of thoughts and feelings would do me good often.

The weather on Sunday was pretty snowy and cold. It was fun driving to church. It reminded me of living in Indiana and driving in snow many winters. The attendence at church was low (understandably) but the message was really good, and then the service for Cuerpo Vivo was cancelled. I was home by noon instead of 2pm. I put on my jammies and fixed lunch and took a nap! What a great day!

Monday, I got up at 4am to get ready for a road trip to Little Rock with Becca and little Phillip. We left Rogers around 6am and drove very slowly on the slick roads. It took twice as long to get to Alma, but with the exception of a bad patch near Russellville (where vehicles slid off the road and we even called the police about one fresh accident) the roads were better the rest of the way to Little Rock. We made it to Children's Hospital just a little late for Phillip's first appointment. One of the ladies there said she expected us to cancel since we were coming from NWArkansas where the roads were so bad. We felt good about the trip and had lots of prayer cover, so of course, we would show up!

Phillip had a great consult and test and we were on our way to the McKnight's house by lunch time. We enjoyed some very yummy roasted veggie sandwiches from Mimi's. We rested for the remainder of the day and had a nice dinner with Bill and Connie. I had grabbed about a 5 minute snooze in the waiting room at the hospital, so I was feeling pretty good. Poor Becca was so tired. She grabbed a nap while Connie cooked and I played with Phillip. Later that evening, we girls had fun just gabbing (and solving all of the problems of the world-ha) and then it was lights out. Everyone seemed to sleep really well and we felt good Tuesday morning.

Tuesday was filled with 2 more Dr visits at ACH, which were great!, and then we picked up Connie and our stuff and started for NWA about 1pm. The roads were clear all the way home and we made it back by 4:30-ish. It was a fun trip and I'm glad that I got to go. And it was great to hear about the great reports from Phillip's doctors!

Today I went to the church for my weekly meeting with John. It's funny that we spend the first few minutes talking about what new apps we have found for our phones. His suggestions have been very helpful. We had a very productive meeting. I like those kind. I did a little catching up on things at the church and then ran errands and got some shopping done before the winter storm that's supposed to come tonight. I was blessed to be able to pick up some things for a friend to make her day a little easier. I also got a call about providing a coat for someone in need and headed back out to the other Walmart and then delivered the coat. I love errands like that.

I'm looking forward to a couple of good days of working in my den. There's lots of planning and prepping to be done on some projects for spring and I'm looking forward to getting a lot accomplished.

I also picked up the study book for the next Precept Bible Study that starts next week. It's big and meaty and I can't wait!!

Something funny happened at Walmart today. I was looking at a soup display and all of a sudden someone rammed into my cart. I looked up and there stood Bro Tommy with a mischievous grin on his face. He's such a rascal sometimes. :)

My second great-nephew was born after midnight this morning in Indiana. I wish I could see that cute little guy. I can't wait to see some pics.

I'm reading a great book by Francis Chan titled Crazy Love. It is so good. I love simple, down to earth books about faith. This one can be 'in your face' and is really convicting. I recommend it highly.

I'm enjoying my quest to know God on a simpler and deeper level. I want to cut through all the fluff and distractions of this world and just listen to Him and grow in Him and share Him. And I'm going to enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment