Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's the end of January. That went fast!

Back to cold weather and lots of snow this weekend. It sure is pretty. Tomorrow I will venture out for church, but otherwise I've stayed inside, just because I could. :) I'm getting soft living back in the burbs!

My home church (FBC Rogers) has sent its first team over to Haiti. Doctors and nurses and other medical people. It's amazing that we can see pics of them at work. We take so much for granted. It's wonderful to see the pics and feel closer to those we are praying for.

The Maiers opened up their home and hosted moms and kids from their neighborhood to put together some packets to send to the kids in Haiti. I was lucky enough to get to help a little bit. It was fun. Candy, gum, salvation bracelets, stickers, hand made cards, small toys and ribbons for girls' hair went into the little bags. John took the bags with him to Haiti. He gave them out and they were a big hit with the kiddos. He posted a pic of some of the girls with ribbons in their hair and a boy holding a small stuffed animal. Something so simple to do can give a feeling of caring and hope. Mary Claire was sweet enough to share a message from John and a pic of him and some of the kids with those who went to her house to help with the packets. A way to connect the dots of people across the world and across vast differences in circumstances. God has so many pieces to His grand plan. (follow the Haiti team by visiting FBC Rogers on facebook)

I start next week on a new 10 week workout program at the Adult Wellness Center. I've been walking there about 5 times a week. Now I will start a 5 day workout which will include 3 days of cardio workouts and 2 days of working out on the machines. I think it will kick my behind, but I'm ready for it!! (although I feel like a slug after 2 days of being snowed in and sitting around on the computer most of the time!)

I've had to make some difficult choices lately due to time management. There is so much of God's gift of life to live, but it doesn't all fit together at the same time. After some soul searching and lots of prayer, I felt that I needed to let go of the Precept Bible Study I had started a few weeks ago and use the time that would have been spent in class and the hours spent studying each week on serving with Cuerpo Vivo and immersing myself in the Spanish studies. I already miss the Precept class and getting together with the ladies and sharing what God reveals to each of us from the same Scripture. But I know that this choice is what He plans for me right now. It has made such a difference in my mind retaining new vocabulary and deepening relationships with some of the folks from Cuerpo Vivo. I have a less time-consuming Bible study to work on by myself for now. I'm enjoying it. And I'm spending more time each day hitting the Spanish books. I feel like I'm able to jump in to language study with both feet. Pray for me people!!!

Due to the weather, FBC Rogers will have 1 service instead of 3 and all other activities will be cancelled for tomorrow. Since the 1 service will be at the same time as the Cuerpo Vivo service, I'll only get to go to one. Spanish service it is!

It's really been moving to hear about all the teams from so many churches going to Haiti to serve. FBCR will send 3 more teams between now and the end of March. Some of my friends around the country have mentioned that people have went from their churches, too. Something like this shows the true meaning of 'Kingdom' work and Believers reaching across religious denominations and man-made boundaries to minister to others in the name of Christ alone.

This is God's world and His creation. His power and love are beyond our comprehension. We all should fall on our faces in awe and reverence and adoration of His sovereignty. I want to remember this first thing every morning and the last thing every night. Oh, how I love my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment