Thursday, May 29, 2014

May 10-29, 2014

I hit the ground running after my 4 weeks in the states.  I started running errands first thing on Saturday (including seeing my favorite cambista, Luis, to exchange dollars for córdabas), pricing a washing machine, getting groceries, etc.  Jalisa and Sandy came over for a chat and we had a sweet time of prayer together.

It was good to be back in church and I always love the freedom of worshiping and the tangible sense of the Holy Spirit.  Sundays are usually filled with church, lunch out, a trip to the grocery store, then home for a nap and emails and phone calls. 

Since I was able to buy a used washing machine from my neighbors Jason and Issa, I used the difference in my budgeted amount to buy an exercise bike.  I’m so excited and love it.  I don’t always have time to walk first thing in the morning before it gets hot, so getting to ride the bike whenever I have time is great.  Sofia is joining in, too.

I bought more fabric to make the curtains for the living room window and some lightweight covers for the beds.  Still more projects to do, but I love doing them.

There has still be work going on for the house, so I spend most of my time at home.  I have lots of visitors and do a lot of emails and phone calls.  We are having English Bible Study Group 3 times a week, for a small group each time.  This works out better for the students’ schedules and so that they can have more individual time for speaking English.  It’s easy for me, because I’m already here!

Jasmina spent one night here as she was preparing to work in Managua for a week with VOH.  She’ll be back in June for about a month while working.  She is such a sweetie pie.  Sofia and I love having her here in the house with us. 

We had some changes in workers on the house.  I even had to fire someone, but it all turned out okay.  I’m trying to spread the work around so that many can benefit from the employment.  But I will be very glad when everything is done!

My friend Grethel (sister to Estefanie) had a stroke.  She is only 19 years old and has a one month old baby.  It was very scary, but she is recovering at a good rate.  I pray many blessings over her.  I can’t wait to get to see baby Fernando. 

Franklin and his wife Glenda and baby Franky came for a visit.  I just love getting to see everyone’s kids.

My sweet friend Erika surprised me with a visit with her sweet baby Ashly.  I just held that precious thing for hours!  I couldn’t keep from kissing her sweet head!

I love seeing baby Ilia, the daughter of my neighbors, Jason and Issa.  So many precious babies around here!

I found a new smoothie place that I adore!  I will be frequenting that place a lot!  I don’t get out too much right now, with the workers in the house, but soon I will be free as a bird!  In between classes, that is. 

Some friends have come over at various times to visit and to ask for prayer.  I am so thankful that this ministry is here to meet those needs.  How humbling it is to be a part of it.

My friend and fellow missionary, Jalisa, is staying with us now.  It is fun to have another girl in the house.  We all just come and go and do our own thing.  It’s another way that God is using this house for His ministry to others. 

We have started having some English classes that just kind of came about.  It’s been great and I am enjoying them very much.  Some of students are teaching each other.  So many people are hungry to learn.  It’s awesome.  I bought a 4’x5’ dry erase board for the dinningroom/classroom.  My friend James carried it all the way from the Librería (about 10 blocks!)  It’s the perfect finishing touch on that classroom. 

The kitchen was completed and the new work station was delivered.  Now I just need to sew the curtains and then I can take some ‘after’ pics of it!  The decorative stripes are painted on the walls, so those rooms are ready for some ‘after’ pics, too.

I’m ready to start cleaning and organizing the sewing/skills workshop.  (It’s been a catch-all room while the others have been renovated.)  Sewing classes should be starting in about a week.  I’m so excited!!!

Sofia and I are both enjoying the washing machine!  And clothes dry very quickly in the sun and heat.  It’s a dream to do laundry now!  We both love cooking in the new kitchen.  The old counter tiles were broken and nasty.  Now we have new ones and they are very pretty.  A bigger, used fridge and cutting the counter to fit in the used stove has made the kitchen wonderful!  I see many days of happy cooking and fellowships here in the ministry house! 

God is sooo Good!


No comments:

Post a Comment