Thursday, May 29, 2014

May 8-9, 2014 Travel Day

Got up early, feeling refreshed!  It’s always sad to say goodbye to Deanna.  I will miss her so much!

It was a crazy morning of last minute errands.  I ended up going to my accountant’s office twice, the bank once, the post office once and a quick stop at McDonalds for a last egg mcmuffin!  After a nice chat with the neighbor and saying goodbye to Deanna, I was ready to go.  Cathy picked me up about 8:45am for the ride to the airport.  I left her with a shopping bag filled with items and notes attached telling what needed to be done with each.  She is such a good friend to take care of these things for me!

Once at the airport, Cathy dropped me off and went to park.  She was ready to take anything overweight back to Deanna’s for packing in the next trunk.  By the time she came to the curb again, a nice guy who does the curbside check ins had insisted on weighing my stuff, even though I couldn’t check in there for an international flight.  I was ½ pound over on the suitcase and 10 light on the trunk.  I usually obsess over getting every square inch and every ounce allowed.  But I was quite happy.  Cathy didn’t need to take anything back.  But we both forgot that she had some baby items for me to bring to Erika.  Great minds…

I got checked in easy and had a nice leisurely visit at one of the restaurants.  OJ and facebook.  Then I spent time just walking the corridors.  Since I spend so much time sitting on the planes, I like to be mobile as much as possible at the airports.  I made some phone calls to family while waiting, too.  My first flight was okay, with the exception of the guy in the seat next to me not only hogged the armrest, his elbow was in about ¼ of my airspace!    I had to lean to the right the whole way, but we made it.  He didn’t even apologize.  Humph.

I love layovers in Atlanta, because I always eat at TGIFridays.   They let me sit there as long as I want, so I prop my feet up and relax.  Then I walk the corridors a lot.  I didn’t get to nap on the flight to Nica, because of a very boisterous toddler.  She yelled when she was happy and she yelled when she was mad.  But it wasn’t too bad. 

I arrived in Managua and got right through immigration and baggage claim.  I had reserved a room at the Best Western hotel across from the airport, so they had a representative there at baggage claim to get me.  He helped with my luggage and getting out of the door.  The shuttle driver took me across the highway and I got settled into my room.  My friend Jalisa was arriving on a flight about 1 hour after mine.  We were going to share my room.  The hotel clerk said I could ride over to the airport to meet her.  She didn’t know the shuttle was coming, so she arranged for a friend to meet her to help get her suitcases across the highway.  Wil surprised me at the airport waiting area.  I had hired him and his van to pick us up the next morning from the hotel and I was afraid that he had the info mixed up.  But it was all cool and he had great fun surprising me.  I did know that I was back in Nica by the immediate sweating!!  Oh yeah, home!

Jalisa and I enjoyed our room.  It was very comfortable.  A/C, TV (which we didn’t watch), comfy beds, one last hot shower…  We had a wonderful time catching up about our trips to visit family and friends.  We had some good prayer time, too.  We got up at our leisure and had the wonderful free breakfast.  Wil picked us up at 11am and we went to PriceSmart for some stocking up on food items and other stuff for my house.  We then stopped on the way to León for lunch.  Breaking up the trip really helped with my motion sickness problem.  It was such an enjoyable day and the best trip I have ever made from Managua to León. 

Sofia was so glad to see me.  It was good to be home!  I loved the work on the house that got done while I was gone.  It was soooo good to be HOME.  I slept like a baby in my Nica bed after a nice cool shower. 

What a wonderful 4 weeks in the states.  What a great time of sharing about Living Grace Ministry and what all God is doing and revealing here in Nica.  What sweet blessings I received from loved ones.  What renewal and refreshment I feel from that trip.  God is Good.  I am not worthy.  But I am so humbled, blessed and thankful.  To Him be all Glory!


No comments:

Post a Comment