Wednesday, May 14, 2014

April 26-May 7, 2014

Many more days of visiting with friends and networking for the ministry.   On Saturday, I got to have lunch with a friend from El Dorado AR, to discuss details about the jewelry making classes and just how wonderful God is in general.  It was fun to get together.  On Sunday, I spoke to 3 more Life Groups at FBCR. 

Many, many more errands during the weeks.  So thankful to have the use of the car from Vickie and Michael Brown.  They are my angels!  Among more visits (and meals) with friends, I also got to get my haircut by my dear friend Carolyn. 

I spent another day with Nana Ruth while she underwent some medical tests.  I like being able to visit with her in the waiting areas.  Too bad she has to go through the discomfort and expense of the procedures just so we can have some quality visiting time!  Lol 

I get months of meds at a time when I visit the states and sometimes that carries over into the time for checkups to refill meds.  I got a call from the Pharmacy saying that my Drs office wanted an appointment.  Thankfully, they got me in the very next afternoon.  And God worked it out that the appointment was just before a meeting that I had scheduled for the same town.  Yay God! 

When I was at the doctor’s office, they asked about my drivers’ license, since the one of file expired the month before!  Oops!  So, the next day I went to renew my license.  I also registered to vote, since I hadn’t done that since before I moved to NYC.  I got to visit some friends having a yard sale to send their kids to Nica.  I stopped by a couple of times over the weekend.  It was fun to visit with them.

I had an especially sweet visit with my friend Lisa, who owns a cupcake shop!  Besides getting to eat a yummy cupcake and some unsellable cookies, we had a wonderful conversation.  She has quite the ministry going on in that place.  I’m very proud of her and wish her many blessings!

My routine blood tests revealed the usual stuff… high cholesterol, high triglycerides, etc.  This time my fasting sugar count was edging up and my calcium was high.  Dr. Bob said it was time to take serious my annual claim to ‘get healthy this year’.  So I guess I’ll apply myself a little more. 

I had some more wonderful meetings with people working on various parts of the ministry.  How blessed I am to have these angels coming along side me in God’s ministry in Nica.  The website is being worked on and I also got to meet with someone who is my guru for the sewing/skills classes and ministry.  Awesome!

Debbie’s Pharmacy has always been so good to work with me on getting multiple month’s worth of meds to take to Nica.  They really worked hard this time, as I needed to bring 8 months worth with me.  I appreciate them so much!

I had lots of mailing and shipping to do… Thank yous, Mother’s day gifts to family, Nica goodies to friends from a special Skype Bible study in different states and a 40 lb suitcase of books to some fellow Missionaries.  I finally got all of the shipping done the day before I left the states!  Lol

The last day was filled with last minute errands, like another routine doctor’s appointment, bank, PO Box check for the last time, drop keys off to my mailbox-sitter, upgrading my phone (and then getting help from a friend because I couldn’t figure it out), making phone calls, etc. 

I didn’t start packing my trunk and suitcase until late Wednesday evening for the Thursday flight.  Besides packing what I take with me, I needed to pack away most of my stuff in Deann’s guest room (where I live in the states) so that people can use the room in my absence.  I was sooooooo tired and I have to admit a little stressed.  I always have way more than I can carry down on each trip, so I partially packed 2 more trunks to be carried down in July by a young friend who is going to come and work with me.  Once I was done packing, I didn’t allow myself to second guess anything. 

I was going to spend some quality time with Deanna that evening, but she was out and about with friends from church and came home at bedtime.  But we did have some great quality time throughout the 4 weeks that I was there.  I’m so thankful for her!


I had a great night’s sleep and felt very content with all that God had allowed me to experience in those crazy 4 weeks.  He is faithful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment