Friday, April 25, 2014

March 24-31, 2014

Life is going by fast.  So much going on at the house.  Working hard to get everything done before I leave for the states on April 10.  There is a lot of work that needs to be done all over the house.  Repairs, replacing broken or rotten stuff, prep for painting, etc.  But it is all getting done.  It’s hard sometimes to keep our sanity when the house is in endless shambles.  But it’s progress and it will all be good.

Lots of errands and visitors.  Tamara and family left for the states for a 6 week visit.  Maritza comes and goes for short trips.  Jasmina stayed for a few weeks while working as a translator in León.  Friends stop by.  We’re still having English Bible Study classes, even though we never know which room we will be able to meet in.  Some of the students have trouble coming on a designated class time, so I’ve been doing some individual classes.  I don’t mind at all.  I love getting one on one and small group time with everyone. 

The charger cord for my laptop quit working.  I can’t find a replacement in Nica.  So, I had to start using my phone and Kindle for internet usage.  Needless to say, I only sent brief messages and posts, since I had to type with one finger.  With the challenge of not being able to use the computer much at all, I found that I had more time to plan and think and pray and do things the old fashioned way by making notes and writing things out.  It was funny that the day I got internet back, I lost the ability to charge the computer.  But it was still all good.  God keeps everything going along on His schedule in His way.

I had a few interesting conversations with the workers.  If you want challenges, do a little light construction and remodeling in a third world country.  But every day and every conversation is an opportunity to share Jesus.  Sometimes, it’s hard to keep the human-ness out of the exchanges. 

Leticia, our neighbor and mother of the landlord, passed away at the end of the month.  The custom in Nica is to have a wake at the house and then have a funeral and burial the next day.  Maritza and I went next door to visit Danelia.  I know that it will be difficult for her without her mother. 

I’ve been sewing curtains, curtains and more curtains!  Lots of big windows in the house.  My friend Sandy is helping me.  I’m so thankful that I could get the fabric for $1 per yard, since I had to buy 95 yards.  I will have some left over to make some table cloths, so that will be fun.

My niece was supposed to find out if her third child is a girl or boy this week, but the ultrasound was inconclusive.  Arg!!!


All in all, it’s been an action packed month and lots more to come.  God is so faithful to bring into the ministry all that He has planned.  My job is to be attentive, open and ready to be obedient.  I love the life He is giving me to live.  He’s the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment