Friday, April 25, 2014

April 1-10, 2014

It’s April!  Time is marching on!  This is the hottest month of the year for Nica.  It’s no wonder that myself and 3 of my missionary friends are headed to the states for a visit!  Lol

Work continues on the house.   More mess, more surprises, more challenges and more blessings! 

I’ve been so blessed by visits from friends.  I just love having my own place where people feel free to stop by.  A much welcome change from the past couple of years.  People stop by for different reasons.  Some to just chat and catch up, some for prayer over specific needs, some to talk about working on the house, some to offer help with the ministry.  It’s all fun!  I love how God is bringing all the details of the ministry together!

I met some more missionaries this week.  I love getting to meet more people here working in the areas that God has prepared and called them to.  It’s a great network of missionaries to prayer over each other, encourage each other, study together and serve together.  I am blessed!

The main painting is done.  About 30 gallons of paint has been bought!  Light fixtures are being installed (a total of 19).  Electrical outlets are being added to 3 rooms.  3 ceiling fans have been added (making a total of 4).  It’s all moving along very well.  Ceramic tiles have been bought for the kitchen and that work will be done after I return from the states in mid-May.  Sofia’s uncle is going to do that installation and Memo is going to do the rest of the work in the kitchen.  By the end of May, it should all be done.  I’m so excited!

We’ve had a few earthquakes which make the floors shake.  I was awakened twice in one night by the bed moving.  We also had some problems with electricity and water availability.  Not fun when it’s the hottest month of the year! But it’s all good.

My friend Gayle donated money toward a ceiling fan for my bedroom.  After we put it up, I woke up the next morning with a large grasshopper in my bed.  I guess he liked the breeze, too.  I have been so blessed by friends and supporters.  God is good!

I got to have lunch and dinner with a lot of friends before leaving for the states.  The last few days were a whirlwind and my brain was so tired of thinking about things.  I wasn’t really in the mood to leave, since the house still had work to be done and I could start organizing the sewing workshop and stuff.  But I was looking forward to visit friends in AR and sharing about the ministry. 

I was so tired when I got up at 2:30am on Thursday to leave for the airport.  I got a little carsick on the way to the airport and had to lay the seat back for half of the way there.  I did get to nap on both planes, which helped some.  I have to say I was very happy to get to Deanna’s and fall into bed.  I’m thankful for safe and uneventful travel.  I was blessed to have time at the Atlanta airport for read some good Christian books on my Kindle while waiting on my plane.  It was all good.


The main thing about travel day was that earthquakes started hitting around Managua and got kind of scary over the next few days.  People in the states kept telling me that I was lucky to leave when I did.  But my heart kept telling me that I should be in Nica with everyone.   But God is sovereign and He had a reason for me to be in the states during that time.  He is faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment