Sunday, April 7, 2013

March 31-April 6, 2013

Easter Sunday. Very different here in Nica. Everyone has been celebrating all week long, so Sunday is spent more with family and friends than in church. We did have small gathering for morning worship and it was lovely. I worked with the kiddos.

After church, German and I went to Tip Top Chicken for lunch. We ran into the Hulseys. We joined them and had a yummy lunch. Before leaving, we ran into my sweet friend, Kelly, who is now expecting their first child. It was so wonderful to hug her! German and I stopped at a couple of pharmacies on the way home, hoping to find some meds that the Hulsey’s need.

I had a nap, downloaded some pics and videos, prepped originals for all my Bible Studies for printing, prepped my paperwork for my VISA extension and then watched a campy Mike Hammer video. It was a pretty quiet evening.

Monday morning. Jaasiel and I took a taxi to the Immigration office to get my VISA extension. No problems. Yay! Then stopped by Pan y Paz bakery for a snack before heading back to the copier place for my pages for Bible studies. We just had to wait a short time, but it was nice to chat a little more. We grabbed a taxi home.

I worked on some computer work and gave Mike some Feeding Center stats and looked up prices for my Aug-Dec stay in Nica. I message back and forth with a mom of one of the 3 interns coming from FBC Rogers this summer. I can’t wait for them to get here! I also sent out 32 more emails to sponsors for the Feeding Center kids.

It was soooo hot and there is some sickness going around, so none of the ladies from Women’s Bible Study Leadership Training class could come. Except for Yanina who has to come late because of her job. April is a bad month due to the killer heat.

We had a great time at English Bible Study Group. I finished more emails and then just went to bed to read. The heat had gotten to me, too.

Tuesday. I did some on-line shopping and on-line banking. I’m so thankful for technology, even though I know so little about it and grumble a lot of the time. I also finished my personal receipts/bookkeeping for March. Ugh, but doing it monthly is much better than when I had to put all of last year together in just 3 weeks!

Freddy came by in the morning for our 2 hours of English/Spanish tutoring for each other. Leyla came by in the afternoon for a make-up lesson on the Bible 1 & 2. Then it was time to get ready for church. It was a good service. Oscar Flores had borrowed my video camera and he brought it back just in time to join us for service. He said that he came at just the right time!! I talked to another friend named Oscar about his going back to English school. I hope that I can help him out with that. I then watched a video and went to bed. Another good day.

Wednesday. I took care of some phone calls and emails and fb messages to get things lined out for my May visit to the states. I will be able to borrow a car. YAY! I made some dr appointments and lab appointments. I called to check with my accountant for my taxes. They said they will send me an email with some questions… yikes. Then I told everyone I was taking the rest of the day off. I went to my room and laid on my bed to read for a little while and ended up falling asleep! It was great! I spent the afternoon in my room catching up on some personal Bible Study. I didn’t check facebook, emails or my phones!

About 3pm I came out of my room and talked with the girls who were swimming to cool off. Mike and Sherry had given them the afternoon off. I scared them because they thought that I had left for the day. Lol.

I called a taxi and went to have lunch at the Chinese restaurant. I knew that it would not be busy, so I had a quiet place to finish my Bible Study lesson. It was air-conditioned and I enjoyed my meal very much. What a lovely, relaxing time! I then walked to Tamara’s house for class. I stopped at a Bible Bookstore about a block from her house. Our Bible Study was very good (Beth Moore – Believing God) and the fellowship was sweet. I got to meet a new baby and a few more people in the class. I stayed after a little bit with Tamara and Sandra and then Sandra and I took a taxi home. We were scalped by a bad taxi driver, but it was late and I was glad to be home. Alberto was starting to worry about me being so late! I went straight to bed. A lovely day!

Thursday. I was doing my Bible study when Lesly brought me a yummy snack from the bakery. It’s kind of like bread pudding. Jaasiel and I talked about VBS supplies and a plan to organize them. Freddy came for our tutoring session. He stayed for lunch with us.

The girls and I are dedicating ourselves to working out and German is our coach. Lol. We took our measurements and are locking the paper up in the safe! We don’t have a scale, so we will have to wait to track our weightloss. We worked out and laughed a lot. We swam for a little bit. I worked on some computer stuff and then we all went to get ice cream. Lol! I watched a video before bed and had a very good day.

Friday. I got up early and walked to the mercadito and bought some fruit and veggies. I ran into Franklin and Glenda and bought some stuff from their little store. I walked home and got ready for class. I had some surprise visitors. Chico and Ellieth, Oscar and Jocelyn came to the class. The guys said that they wouldn’t be coming, but they want their wives to come. By the end of the class, the guys said that they want to come as often as they can. Of course, everyone is welcome!

Sherry, Lesly, Mike and I discussed some info regarding the interns. I did some more computer work and then I worked out with the girls. Jorge called to tell me that he had found a tripod for the video camera at a second hand store. I called a taxi and paid for the girls to get a ride to their destinations while I headed to the store. I was pleased to buy the tripod. Then I went to Burger King and had a salad with grilled chicken. Yummy! I looked at some stores for stick-on nametags (no luck) and stopped at Salmon to buy some juice. I ran into Sandra and Preston and she said that they had found a new place to live (a big prayer request). It was nice to run into her! I grabbed a taxi and headed home. I watched a video for the Believing God study and then watched a video for fun. Another good day!

Saturday. I didn’t get up early enough for my walk (I have to time it with the heat and also with my blood pressure meds, which say not to be in direct sunlight). So, I started in on my laundry (and some second hand clothes that the girls had bought to keep here for workouts). I exercised and organized/cleaned my room. German said he was heading downtown and I could catch a ride. So I went ahead and shopped for those crazy nametags. Never found any. But I had a great day downtown. I stopped at a different bakery and had a pineapple pastry. Then I shopped around and just walked and walked. I treated myself to an early lunch at Al Carbón. I had a big bag of stuff I had bought (mostly stuff for my room), but I went ahead and walked home. The sun had come out strong by the time I got here and I was hot and sweaty. Alberto was fussing at me because he knows that I’m not supposed to do that with my blood pressure meds. I cooled off, took a very good nap, swam for exercise and then watched another video for the Bible study. I finally finished up the laundry and got it put away. It was an excellent day!

A fun and blessed week. I’m trying not to put so much pressure on myself to be working all of the time. I always struggle with that. But I know that God has His plans and they include resting sometimes! I’m vowing to follow His plans for me day by day. What sweetness!! He blesses me so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment