Saturday, April 27, 2013

April 7-13, 2013

Church was good. We videoed most of the service. Jorge ends up being our music director and A/V guy and everything else! After church was all put away, German and I went to the Hulsey’s for lunch. It was very yummy and we brought some chicken bones back for Buster. We stopped at La Unión to pick up a few groceries and then I came back to the team house to take a nap, work on Bible Study prep, download some music, swim, practice guitar and update my blog. No time left for a video, but I felt very happy to get so much accomplished!

Monday morning I got up early and walked to the mercadito for some produce. I moved all the A/V type of equipment out of my room and stored it in the office. My little room is getting way too crowded! I went with Lesly to buy groceries for the team house. Mayela and I talked about Feeding Center procedures and I took care of some correspondence. The afternoon was filled with the Women’s Bible Study Leadership Training class and then English Bible Study Group in the evening. It was a very pleasant and full day. I’m always tired on Monday nights, but oh, so happy!

Tuesday morning I walked to the mercadito for produce again. Then I got the chance to chat with Pastor Bryan when he stopped in. He is very happy with the Women’s ‘seminary’ and that makes me very happy to hear. I picked up my passport from the immigration office (after they granted my extension) and helped Lesly with errands (which included pricing a new fridge for my room). In the afternoon I sent some correspondence and worked with Mayela on Feeding Center files. Then I rested a little bit before church. I got to read the scripture for church service and listen to the message, since we didn’t have any kids for me teach/entertain. I finished the day with pinning the hem on some tablecloths and watching a video. Very good day.

Wednesday started out with a chat with German and then a walk to the mercadito for produce. I just love getting fresh stuff each morning! I did a little bit of sewing and then went to purchase my new fridge. I was so excited all day long. Everyone thought I was quite crazy, but it doesn’t take much to thrill me! My fridge arrived and needed to set for 24 hours before being plugged in. I swam with Lesly and Mayela and then went to dinner and just relaxed for the evening.

Thursday was another walk to the mercadito. I love getting the pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon, avocados, onion, cabbage, squash, carrots, beets, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc and bringing them home to add to the day’s menu. It’s a good incentive to walk, too! I went with Sherry for some shopping and lunch at Al Carbón. It was a nice time out. We met up with Mike and Manuel at a store to look at some chairs for the Hulsey’s house. Then we went on our way shopping. I got to swim with Mayela a little bit in the afternoon. I met Freddy at the Chinese restaurant for my Spanish tutoring time. What a yummy way to study! When I got home, it was time to jump in bed. Lovely day.

Friday morning I got up earlier than usual and walked downtown to Central Park and back. I got to see a friend, a painter I met last year, Delmy at the printer/copier place I frequent each week and stopped at the mercadito for produce. I felt good after that nice hour long walk! I gave my mom a call before having a good make-up class with Leyla and Danilo for English Bible Study Group. After lunch, Lesly and Estefanie helped me a little with the Women’s Bible Study notes. I got to swim a little bit with Mayela and German. Then German and I went to the beach to watch the sunset. We had shrimp cocktails at Suyapa and then headed back to the team house. German left for the evening and I enjoyed leftovers from my Chinese dinner the night before. I practiced my guitar and watched a video. I have to announce the return of the dreaded frogs!!! They have the loudest screams. Mary remembers them from last year when she and I were down here. They are so stinking loud! I can’t remember how long they stayed last year, but I think we’re in for some loud nights even into May.

Saturday morning I got up to walk and realized that my Nica phone needed to be charged. I don’t leave the team house without it, in case I need to call someone for an emergency. So I plugged it in for a while and got on my US phone (through the internet) and called Mary, Deanna, Sandy and Nana Ruth. I got the chance to walk downtown and dropped off Bible Study notes to be copied, walked to Desayunazo for a yummy (and cheap) breakfast, ran by the bakery, grocery store, a few other stores and back to the copy place. I had to get a taxi home because the copies were so heavy. I loved my morning! I had a nap, received a call from my friend Bismarck, did laundry and worked out 1 hour in the pool. I practiced guitar and watched a video. I was very tired, but felt wonderful from all of the fresh air and exercise!

It was a usual week and I loved it. I can’t imagine living anywhere else right now in my life. I’m thankful to God for allowing me this blessing. And I’m so thankful for my supporters who help to make it possible for me to be here! God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment