Sunday, February 17, 2013

January 28 - February 1, 2013

Monday started out with a staff meeting led by German. (Mike left on Sunday to head back to AR to be with Sherry and Manuel while Manuel is in the program at Children’s Hospital/UAMS). I grabbed a ride with the van running to buy the produce for the feeding centers. I stopped at the printer/copier place to make lots of handouts for the classes for this week. I walked over to the nearby Librería (bookstore) to buy some office supplies and grabbed a taxi home. I did some computer work and team communication before lunch.

I taught the Women’s Bible Study Leadership Training class in the afternoon and then got back on communication stuff until time for the English Bible Study Group. I loved teaching both classes, by the way. I always do. A few more emails, a video and then it was bedtime!

Tuesday I got the chance to chat with German about the ministry and bring him up to speed on what I’m doing so that he can have a better understanding of it, since it’s kind of extra for VOH. He has some connections that will help me out with the Handcrafts Ministry Project, so I’m thrilled we that had the talk!

I did more of the usual computer work. I love the stuff I work on and my ‘office’ is a table outside of my room. I sit on the big covered porch that runs the length of this building and attaches to the rancho (thatch covered meeting area). I see trees, hear all kinds of animals and see the workers. It’s the best office I have ever had!

I got an email from someone whose mother and father had sponsored 2 kids in honor of their grandchildren for Christmas. It was nice to get to converse with her. They want to stay in touch with the kids. Fun!

The praise band came to the team house for practice. Jorge heads up that part of the ministry. I was happily surprised to see Lesly and Bruno joining him! We got to have lots of fun together while listening to the band. Bruno, age 2, jumped on the trampoline and played drums with his daddy. I brought him a bowl and wooden spoon, but he was having none of that! He wanted to play the real drums. Lol I was inspired to practice my guitar after they left. ☺

On Wednesday, I got the pleasure of meeting a new friend downtown and we went to a French bakery. Yum! We talked for a couple of hours and then had lunch together at Tip Top. We walked around and she showed me some stores that she buys sewing supplies from. We stopped at a pet store (unusual) and saw the cutest pug/sharpei puppies! We walked to her house and I got to meet a couple of her kids. Then I walked a few blocks and got my haircut, stopped at the grocery and then grabbed a taxi home. It was supposed to be a morning visit, but ended up all day! I loved it though!

I swam a little bit and did more correspondence and phone calls and ordered more books from Amazon.com for my Kindle. I LOVE having my Kindle down here! It is the best thing for traveling and living here! It was a good day!

Thursday morning I met with Yanina for her WBSLT make-up class. She is very devoted to the women in her community. I like her a lot and I am thrilled to get to work with her since I know that she is serious about ministering to those women.

I finished burning cds for the Children’s Ministry in each VOH church. And then I had a make up class for Oscar Canales, who is the newest English Bible Study student. He is hungry to improve his English and translate the Word! I worked on lots of correspondence in the afternoon and did some laundry. It was another great day!

Friday morning started off with the English Bible Study Group. We had 4 students for the morning class. Between the 2 classes (Monday pm and Friday am, we now have about 13 students!) Glenda had asked me to take a photo of Bismarck and send it to her. She had shared her testimony with him when here.

I had commissioned Saturnino to make a new shelf for my room. It is an open long rectangular box with a support/divider in the middle. It fits above my bed between my 2 bookcases (see facebook for photos). It is perfect and he hung it up for me today! I love it! I put all my personal study books and resources on it. (I keep my reading books on my Kindle). My 2 bookcases are now dedicated to the ‘work’ I do… Bible Studies in English and Spanish, Feeding Center files, Children’s Minsitry, Personal files, etc. I love my room! Almost every square inch of wall is organized and functional. I learned to use space wisely when living in NYC!

Erika tried out a new design on my toenails and I love it! I worked on organizing my shelves and stuff while listening to Spanish praise music. The praise band practiced again tonight and I was a very happy camper! What a wonderful day and blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment