Sunday, February 17, 2013

February 2-9, 2013

This week was spent catching up and preparing to be busy with the next team who arrive late on the 9th. I’ve done a lot of prepping for classes and spent many hours in communication with people. Love it all!

The classes went wonderful. The women are so dedicated to being good leaders in their churches! And the English students are eating up the Bible Study!

Sunday morning I watched FBC Rogers on-line. It was very good as always! One of our translators, who I met last year when I helped teach his English class at the academy, is moving to Panama to live and work. His mother, sister and her fiancé live there already. Jonathan will always have a special place in my heart. He is excited about his new adventure, but he gets a little teary eyed when talking about how VOH has been like a family to him. He is always welcome to be here and work with us! I took Jonathan to dinner at Suyapa restaurant on the beach. We got to talk a lot and it was a very wonderful evening with someone I would be proud to have as a real son. His mother is visiting León for a few weeks, so when I took him home (where he lives with his other sister and brothers) I got to meet her. It’s always a treat for me to meet family members of my friends!

Monday. The usual stuff, mostly teaching classes in the afternoon and evening. I ordered a bunch of pizza for the English Bible Study Group and we had lots left over so that I could share it with the workers for lunch. And of course, I had it cold for breakfast!

Jassiel worked hard this week helping me put together lesson plans for the Children’s Ministries in each of our VOH churches. I’m thankful for her help! Tuesday afternoon I treated the gang to ice cream at Eskimo again. We love those little outings! ☺ the evening was spent working on receipts, computer work, watching a video, practicing guitar and resting.

I took Estefanie out for an early dinner to Al Carbón (one of my favorite restaurants) for an early birthday present. It was great to spend time together talking about things other than work. I did a lot of personal business on the computer for the week. It’s nice to be able to do that, but it’s difficult sometimes being in a thirdworld country and taking care of the stuff in the U.S. I am blessed to have someone who deposits my checks monthly and another person who monitors my PO Box mail.

There was another night of band practice to get ready for the Campaign (revival) services next week with the team. I love to hear the band! I looked up some nail art designs to share with Erika and pinned them to my Pinterest account. I rarely get on there, but when I do I’m on there for hours! It was nice to hear the band playing while doing it. It was a great treat for my ‘off work’ time!

Friday. EBSG was good. We had some new students! After lunch I took a nap and then went to the copy place to prepare for next week. Jaasiel went with me. We dropped off the printing originals and while waiting, we walked over to Pan y Paz (French bakery) for a snack and some chatting. Fun! She went on home and I walked back to get the copies, buy some phone minutes and then grabbed a taxi back home. I ordered pizza for the band practice and made some phone calls before the music started. It was a great day and night!

Saturday. I got up early to get my laundry done before the team gets in for the week. We water the dirt here in the dry season to keep the dust from blowing. I was walking to the laundry area outside an adjacent building and I slipped and did my own version of the splits right into the mud. Nothing was hurt but my pride. I had mud all over me! German and Alberto helped me get up and I walked straight into my shower to rinse off the mud and wash myself, too. So funny! I made a bunch of phone calls to the states to check in with everyone. Erika was here working to prepare for the team, so when she got done working, she painted my toes again. (I know, I’m spoiled). While she did that, I downloaded the lyrics to some praise songs for my guitar practice. Then I had a nap and then worked on the next month’s worth of lessons for WBSLT classes. It was a good day!

Left with Jorge and Lesly for Managua about 6pm. Edmundo was driving the other van and we all met up at the MetroCentro (large mall in Managua). We ate at the food court. I had Quizno’s sandwich and soup. Yum! The team will arrive about 10:30pm. It will be a long night. Glad I got that nap in! LOL We had lots of time after dinner to do whatever we wanted, but there was really nothing we wanted to do. So we spent about an hour sitting in the front of the van with our feet on the dash talking. It was nice, really. Then we needed to leave the mall parking lot, so we met at the On the Run convenience store near the airport. We went in for drinks and the bathroom. Then it was time to head to the airport. We got the team and crammed into the 2 vans and headed off to León. It was so fun to get to talk to them!

Everyone got into their rooms about 1am. They are happy to be here. We are happy to have them. They were happy with the accommodations (especially since everyone got a bottom bunk because there were only 11 people). I could tell already that the week was going to be good! God is so good to us! It’s such a pleasure to work for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment