Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I’m not doing a very good job of posting everyday like I usually do when in Nicaragua. I think it’s because it is becoming more like being ‘home’ and less like a mission trip for me.

We went to Las Quimeras church on Sunday afternoon and it was wonderful! The blocks that FBC Rogers Youth provided are up and the walls are about ¾ done. Just need to get some windows and a door and maybe some more lights. Anyway, it’s grand to see it progressing and to see how many people were there! It was a true blessing to me. We'll be doing more work with that church in the weeks and months to come.

I'm trying to remember what we have done the last few days. I can't seem to remember what we did when, so I'll just recap it all together. We went into town to look at some rental properties and that was fun. We had lunch at Tip Top Chicken and bought groceries at La Unión. We've had ice cream from Eskimo. We've shopped a little bit at the market and a few stores near the park. We stopped in at a few booths at the park and got a few things. One of my favorite vendors remembered me and gave me a discount and also gave Sherry and Haley discounts for being with me. How sweet! We looked at a building lot near where German is building his new house and are praying about it being our new site.

Haley and I spent hours on Tuesday working on clothes for the distribution on Thursday. Mary and I worked on it another set of hours today. We're all ready to get rid of about 12 suitcases of stuff. We've been working more on the house and getting things cleaned, painted, organized and moved. We'll be ready for the first team (of five) on Saturday.

I love my room. It's private and away from the main house. There is a set of bunk beds so that Beth and various interns can bunk with me when needed. Otherwise, I have lots of personal space. I love it.

I've been walking 4 miles most mornings. I've been trying to get up early (6am) if possible, because it gets so hot so early. It really zaps my energy some mornings if I don't get out there early enough. I see lots of interesting stuff on the road. I've shared the sidewalk with horses and today, I had to part a small herd of cattle to pass by. They were very polite about it, though. The people here think walking and running for exercise if funny. Sherry runs 4 miles most mornings. Mike goes with her about 3 days a week. We get giggled at, but we don't mind. We're just crazy NorthAmericans.

Sherry gave me, Mike, Manuel and Mary all haircuts today. It was great! I'm so excited to have her available to cut my hair. I usually make a little mess of it when I try to trim and thin it myself. She's pretty good. She even got it short enough for me!

I'm running a few days behind on my Bible Study, but will get caught up in the next day or two. I also have tons of receipts to work on from the mission team last week. Now that we're done with the major sorting and organizing and moving of supplies, I should have more time to get some computer work and paper work done.

God has really blessed me with lots of thoughts and emotions these last few weeks. I love how He works through people and experiences and sometimes seemingly insignificant moments to teach me something. I am truly blessed to be here serving Him and to be His child.

No comments:

Post a Comment