Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Saturday, June 11, 2011 Nicaragua

Back home at the team house!!!
What a week this has been.

The crusade in Jinotega was great. We did so much in that week. God has us hopping all over town. Fiestas, Schools, Conferences, Radio/TV spots during the day and the Crusade event each night. 3,860 people professed faith in Christ. We even baptized one of the Translators in the pool at the hotel last night.

Sherry, Manuel, Mary, Kaylie, I and the León Translators all packed up and left Jinotega after the last afternoon Fiesta. The rest of the team stayed at the camp and went to the last night of the Crusade. Our León van got back to the Team House about 8pm. We dumped out our luggage and headed to our rooms. Kaylie packed up all her stuff and I packed an overnight bag. Then we all went to bed.

On Friday, Kaylie and I left for Managua to pick up Haley (another intern) from the airport. Then we got our room at the hotel across from the airport and left our bags. We then caught up with the team at lunch in Granada. It was a great restaurant and we all enjoyed it sooo much. We scrunched into vans (one van and driver were off duty right after lunch) and went to Catarina shopping. I usually don’t have much shopping to do, since I’ve been here so much and have bought everyone something, but I do enjoy looking at stuff. I did find a few things to purchase and was very pleased with my finds. We then went to the hotel by the airport and had a quick meeting and then baptized Ervin in the hotel pool (right next to the bar). What a witness.

Mike and Haley headed for León and the rest of us settled in for the night. Kaylie and I went to the outdoor restaurant and had dessert for dinner. I had a good flan and Kaylie had tiramisu. We sat there and chatted for a couple of hours. Then we headed to our room for a short night’s sleep.

We got up at 4am so Kaylie could get to the Continental desk to check in asap. She didn’t have a seat assignment when they booked her ticket. We walked across the highway to the airport and that gate was still padlocked. We walked down the highway a little and walked in through the driveway. There was no one at the Continental desk when we got there, but we were second in line. Kaylie ended up in first class and that was a nice blessing. We sat and chatted a few more minutes and then she went on through security. I will sure miss her.

I headed back to the hotel and rested a few minutes until the restaurant opened up. Then I had a yummy (complimentary) breakfast. I ran into some of the team and chatted a little. Then I spent a few hours back in the room watching TV, which I don’t do when in Nica. Some of the stations were in English with Spanish subtitles, so I considered that as lessons. ☺

Mike, Sherry, Manuel, Mary and Haley picked me up about 11am and we headed to Pizza Hut for lunch. I had a delicious veggie calzone and the others had pizza. Most of us enjoyed salad, too. It was pretty good food. Then we went to Price Smart (like Sam’s Club) and bought some stuff for the team house and food to eat these next 2 months. It was nice to shop in there. Next time we go, I’m taking some money to buy some stuff for me to have on hand, since I can’t eat everything that everyone else does. I did get some veggie chip-like things and some black olives.

I took a nap on the way back to León and it felt good. 4am came very early this morning. We stopped at La Unión for some bread and milk. While the ladies went in to shop (I was barricaded in the van with the stuff from Price Smart), Mike, Manuel and I rode round and round the block because we couldn’t find a parking space. We got the ladies and then made one more stop for some items for my room and then home. It was great to get back here!

Most of my clothes are dirty and I got the chance to put one load in the washer and dryer this evening. I’ll catch up on the rest either tomorrow or Monday. It will be good to have everything fresh and clean again!

Haley and I worked on our room a little, putting together a couple of little clothing wardrobe things and we have new flowery clothes hampers. A few more days and it should be ship-shape! It will be nice to have a room for me and whatever intern or if Beth is here. It’s just such a blessing!

We’re getting into a routine for next week without a team. Lots to do to the house and plans to be made for the rest of summer. I just can’t put into words how wonderful it is to the Hulseys to be here fulltime this summer. We’re turning into a well-oiled machine and God is blessing the socks off of the ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment