Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday, June 25, 2011 Nicaragua

Friday was a good day of working on getting the team house ready for the team from Louisiana who arrived today.
Haley and I also hung some curtains up in our room to privacy. The room looks so much bigger now. I'm nesting with little things to make it efficient. I like it.

I rode into Managua with Mike and Danilo this morning to pick up the team. German met us there in his van and Manuel met us there in his van. I was able to use the USB thingy for internet on the drive into the city. I was able to do some downloads since it was a long drive.

We picked up the team from LA and it was good to see Ric, as well as Chuck and a few others who had come with Ric to NYC when I was there. We all loaded up into the vans and headed to the Mall for lunch at the food court. It had rained most of the morning and was still drizzly and then hard rain. But we didn't care. Lunch was good and everyone was ready for the 2 hour ride to the team house.

Everyone got settled in and we had a brief team meeting with house rules and such. Then dinner was served. We had hamburgers and fries and everyone seemed pleased. It is good to have Mike and Sherry here to greet the teams. I know they are happy to be here, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment