Monday, June 20, 2011

Saturday, June 18, 2011 Nicaragua

We woke up to a nice, humid morning. Haley wanted to join me on my morning 4 mile walk, so I woke her up at 6am and we took off. We didn’t have to navigate any herds of cattle and there were no dead dogs. It was a nice walk.

Sherry had fixed banana pancakes and fresh pineapple pancakes. They were yummy! We did some house work and I did a little more tweaking of my room. Saturnino hung a curtain from the upper post of the bunkbed (next to the bathroom door) to the adjacent wall so that we can leave the bathroom door open when we take a shower. We need ventilation! It’s like a sauna in there when you have the door closed and you cannot get your clothes on! Our little curtain looks funny, but it works great!

We have been working Saturnino very hard these last 2 weeks. He has done his regular handyman and groundskeeper stuff as well as stain rocking chairs, paint rooms, move furniture to a rental house down the road, do little odd jobs for us helpless girls, etc. He’s always very nice about it and always has a smile on his face.

I’ve been working on my Bible study today and Haley and I have worked a little on plans for Fiestas and chatted about Spanish. I’ve eaten way too much of Sherry’s delicious lasagna, though, and think I’ll turn in early just so I can lay down. Ha

We have a team of 5 coming in tonight. Their plane has been delayed and they are landing in Managua at 8pm. That means they will get to the house between 11 and 12. Their rooms are ready. I’m sure they will be glad to jump into bed.

Mary has been sick the last 2 days. She’s better today and we hope she can get back up to par for the ministry work this week. I know she is raring to go for street witnessing.

I spent the late afternoon washing all my backpacks and bags. I also charged all electrical appliances (2 phones, iPod, computer, Kindle). I’d be lost without them! ☺

Time to get off of here and do a little more studying. So thankful that I can read from a laying down position… Can’t wait for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment