Wednesday, October 16, 2013

September 2013

I’m writing for the whole month of September, since I haven’t updated this blog for so long. Time sure flies…

I spent a lot of time resting, taking care of myself and going through some medical tests. The tests on my heart were okay. My cardiologist still wants to see me, so I’ll have a visit with them in December.

I was glad that the ultrasound on my liver showed that the hemangioma has not changed. This is just a routine scan, so I wasn’t worried about it at all. I do still need to be working on my liver health, though, and I’m committing myself to eat healthier, get more rest and get more good exercise, and to lower my stress level. Looks like a job for the Lord to lead me in!

I was able to read some really good books to strengthen my Christian walk. I enjoyed a few short Bible Studies on my own, too. I am so thankful for all of the wonderful Christian friends that I have. They have helped me to step back and refocus on God and His plan for my life and the need for more obedience on my part.

I’m very excited about some of the changes that God is promising for my future. All I care about is what He is telling me to do and how it will glorify Him. I am eliminating unhealthy (and downright toxic) situations out of my life. I’m up for HIS challenges, because I know that He will guide me through and give me strength. I’m done with messing up His plans by trying to please everyone else and their agendas/perceptions/attitudes. God is so faithful to be right beside me always, even when I’m looking the wrong way.

I was so blessed to get to spend more time with the family of Cuerpo Vivo church, including getting to help one day on the painting project for their 2nd campus. I soaked up the love from all of them. I had fun speaking Spanish to them, too. We had some good laughs over my goof ups, but they were very encouraging about my progress. Pastors Jaime and Oliver are going to be my encouragers and accountability partners via email while I’m in Nica. They are very kind and wise and willing to tell me what God puts on their hearts for me to hear. I’m so thankful for them.

I couldn’t believe how much better I felt by the end of the month. I was still not 100%, but much better. The extra month in AR was very good for me in many ways. Now, I just have to pay off those silly medical bills! Hahaha! But God will provide for that. I’m not stressing over it.

I was in AR for 7 weeks (instead of the anticipated 3) and Deanna was not ready for me to leave for Nica. But I told her that I would be back in just 2 months, so it wouldn’t be as long as a usual trip south. I was really missing my Nica friends and students. I wish I could be in 2 places at once. But one of my new commitments is to spend more time on communicating with friends and loved ones via facebook, email, phone calls and personal visits. My focus is going to be more on relationships rather than tasks.

That reminds me of one of the good Bible Studies I did. It’s called “Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World”. I thought it would just be like ‘quit being so busy and spend more time with Jesus’. But it actually was more than that and I enjoyed it so much. I recommend it highly and will share the book with friends here in Nica.

I could see God’s hand in everything that happened during the month of September and I trust His timing and His plans. He just needed to get my attention back on Him 100% and He did it in strong, but loving ways.

To everyone who shared meals with me, shared laughter and tears, listened to me ramble and share my heart, prayed for me and just plain loved on me during this month… Thank You for letting God use you in my life! I have been blessed!

Now on to October and what God has in store next!

No comments:

Post a Comment