Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October 13-19, 2013

Sunday morning, I was blessed to share the message in the worship service of Pan de Vida church at the team house. I shared some of the things I learned from the Mary and Martha Bible study I had been doing. It is so nice to have the worship service here at the team house now. We are blessed.

After church, Mary and I went to town to have lunch at Ya Voy, a new favorite restaurant of mine. I took a short nap in the afternoon and then worked on sorting and packing stuff from my room. I organized the Children’s Ministry stuff that I had been storing in my room and moved it to the office. I called and messaged a lot of people and started working on stuff for the upcoming Women’s Conference. It was a good day.

Monday, Mary and I got to help with the weighing, measuring and counting of the food staples that go to the Feeding Centers monthly. It was fun and funny, too.

The rest of the week was spent getting ready for the Women’s Conference by typing 14 pages of scripture in Spanish and getting 300 handouts printed, making 300 bookmarks, buying supplies, running errands, talking to tons of people, doing Bible study, attending worship services and catching a few naps.

I got the chance to have lunch at Ya Voy on Friday with my friends Tamara and Sandra. I always love getting to catch up with them. I also got to meet with Jaasiel at the French bakery on Tuesday. She is doing some translating work for me and also working on the Kid’s ministry curriculum. It was good to get to see her, too.

On Tuesday evening, there were some musicians here practicing for an upcoming concert. Besides our own Praise Band, some old musical friends and some new people were here. I loved hearing the music. Katty was here and knocked on my door and I was blessed with a big hug from her. I was just so blessed to lay on my bed, read a Christian book and listen to the wonderful music being played and sang outside my door. Ahhhhh.

On Saturday, I caught up on laundry and rested and then Mary and I left at 4pm to head to the airport in Managua to pick up the next team. We left early so that we could grab dinner at the airport. It was just Subway sandwiches, but it was a treat! The team of 10 ladies all got in and we headed back to the team house. We were all settled in bed by 11pm or so. The ladies were tired, but happy to be here. And we were happy to have them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment