Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October 1-5, 2013

The first was a travel day for me. I had a long layover in ATL, since I had to change my original ticket. I had some fun opportunities to talk with people in each airport. I love the way that God surprises me with people and situations. We (meaning me) should make more of an effort to pay attention to what He is doing all around us.

It was good to get to Nica and I arrived at the team house about 10pm, which was 11pm AR time. After the day of travel, especially the long ride from the airport to the team house, my body was ready for bed and it was good to be in my ‘Nica home’. Buster was very happy to see me, too. He took up residence in my rocking chair just like old times.

I was anxious to get up the next day to see everyone who comes to work at the team house. I’m starting back on my healthy oatmeal for breakfast (I miss Erika’s eggs). I even started making my green tea for each day. I spent the day unpacking, visiting with people, getting a nap and doing my Bible study. A storm came through, but it was still good sleeping. Alberto has been practicing singing with the speakers for one of the churches. He sat me down in the conference room, put a fan on me and then sang a few songs along with a cd. He’s really loving it!

I spent the next few days running errands, getting my hair cut, buying phone minutes and groceries, visiting the French bakery, catching up with tons of people, listening to the Praise Band practice, reading, doing Bible study and just enjoying being back.

On Saturday, I went to Managua in the morning to pick up the team from Virginia. They arrived at noon, so we stopped at Tip Top on the way back from MGA for lunch. We got to the team house in the early afternoon and rested. The team had been up since 2am eastern time and needed some relaxation. We had dinner and got to know each other. It’s going to be a great week. I love small teams because you get to spend time with each person. Buster has already started getting them trained in spoiling him. Everyone is happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment