Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8, 2009

It's been a week since my last post, but it seems like a month. So much going on, so many people to see and visit with. I like it when life doesn't seem too routine, but then I wonder if I'm missing something that I should be concentrating on as the days fly by. I pray daily that God would use each day in whatever way He chooses and that I wouldn't waste a minute of His precious time.

I don't have access to a good internet where I'm living right now, so I'll have to try to post updates when I find a few minutes here in my office during the week. I don't get a chance to keep up with everyone on facebook like before, either. I do miss the opportunities to use facebook as a ministry tool. I never would have thought of how beneficial it is in my life. I love to be able to connect with friends serving all over the world, across the states and right here locally.

Last week was filled with lots more meetings with people, finding out how their ministries are going and what I can do to help them along. It's so exciting to see God working in so many different ways.

Cindy Sigmon is doing a great job with the 'Adopt A Missionary' program that God put on her heart to support our missionaries with love, prayers, cards and letters, special items, and encouragement. She has a big heart for missionaries and the sacrifices they make to be able to serve around the country and the world as God calls them. She's been a great encourager to me in the field and I know her efforts will be bring many blessings to other missionaries. Also, she is making it possible for people here at 'home' to be involved in God's call by partnering up with specific missionaries and being on their team. There's always more to be done and it can feel like you're not doing enough, but every little touch shares love. I'm blessed to be able to work with her.

Ted and Lana Givens have sent me a few updates about 'Builders for Christ' and the Baptist 'Disaster Relief' teams. It's not easy for people to find the time to be involved in these great ministries and the faithful workers put in many, many hours each year using their skills to aid others. I'm looking forward to getting some opportunities to work with them now that my schedule is so much more flexible. Some of these workers were on a construction mission trip I was blessed to be on to Honduras in 2000. I look forward to working right along side of them again.

I was really missing NYC this past weekend. I love it here, but I still miss NYC. Saturday, I was walking along Dixieland Road between New Hope and Perry Roads (for those of you in Rogers) and was trying to visualize walking the familiar streets in NYC. Down the road came a stretch hummer limo, followed by a horse drawn carriage! I couldn't believe it. It was for a wedding, so it wasn't totally out of place, but at that moment, it was a sight that took me away to NYC in my mind. I just had to smile and thank God for the little happy moment. He's so sweet!

I've enjoyed living at Deanna's house and spending time with Jet (the dog), Lucy-Alice (the cat) and the fish (no names). Deanna is in Las Vegas visiting her daughter and son-in-law, Jake and Elaine Bridges, who are missionaries there. Jet and I try to take a walk every day and then he gets a good brushing. He's looking pretty spiffy. He's such a lovable, old dog. Lucy-Alice is kind of cool (for a cat). The fish are, well, just... wet. (ha)

Deanna will return on Thursday and I'll start spending the week at the Peevy's while the parents are on a mission trip to Paris. The kids will leave for camp on Monday, so it will just be me and the dogs (Cassie and Maggie) for a few days. I love house-kid-pet sitting. It's just like old times before I moved away...

Many things are familiar living here again. And some are very different. It's all good. I love living as a missionary and hope that God will allow me to always be physically and emotionally 'mobile' and ready to serve Him wherever and whenever He chooses. And I pray that He will continue to let me love deeply the people wherever I'm serving.

Better head home for today. Jet needs to walk, I'm sure.
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment