Monday, June 15, 2015

May 2015

May was another crazy busy month with many challenges and much joy. 

Since I was going to the states for a planned trip (Dr apts, med tests, personal business, taxes, etc.), we used the first part of the month being busy making items to sell in the states.  The ladies were making items to sell in their own names, which is the plan, but they surprised me by giving me some items they had made for me to sell to support the ministry.  I was so humbled and blessed by their gifts.  They make so little from the sales sometimes, but they wanted to give part of that back to the ministry.  How awesome is that to see them honoring God with their talents!

Our women missionary Bible study drew to a close for a few months.  The ladies wanted to keep meeting to pray for each other until the next study starts after ‘team season’.  We did that for a few weeks, but the responsibilities of being a missionary when people come down from the states overtook the ability to meet regularly for a few months.  But we keep in touch via facebook group and pray over each other and our families.

Sofi had some health issues and had some tests run.  She’s a little anemic and mostly overly tired and stressed.  Bless her heart, she is caring for the baby (with some part-time help for when she is in classes), helping take care of the house, helping with admin stuff for the ministry, going to class, etc.  She is feeling better after changing her routine to a more manageable pace.  We both have to pray for God’s guidance in not over committing.  And we watch over each other, too.  It’s funny to have her tell me to put the computer and my work away and rest.  But we are good for each other!

Jasmina came to stay for a week, while working as a translator for a medical team here in the area.  She is getting a good medical education!  We love having her here.  She calls me Mom.  I love having so many kids!

My 2 weeks in Rogers AR went by quickly and were jam-packed with appointments, meetings, meals, love and laughter and fun.  I was so blessed by so many people.  I got to go to both the English and Spanish church services at my home church’s old location.  I love that church group there.  I got the chance to buy on discount items for the ministry, go on a road trip with a friend to attend her grand-daughter’s college graduation, dog/house-sit, switch between 3 vehicles, juggle meetings, enjoy friends (and even fell asleep while sitting up talking) and just had a great time!!

Sofi and Victoria rode with our friend Eyner to pick me up at the airport.  I sure missed them both while in the states!  I called them every night.  It was so good to see them and hug them!  Victoria grew so much in 2 weeks! 

The day after I returned, the class had a small party for me and to celebrate mother’s day (which in Nica is on May 30).  It was fun.  Our fridge died and we borrowed a cooler from a friend for a few days.  Luckily, we had not had time to buy food, so we didn’t loose much from the fridge.  We got it fixed a few days later.  Appliances just don’t last long here for many reasons.

A friend gifted us with a carrier harness backpack kind of thing to haul Victoria around with us.  She loves it!  Sofi loves it!  We are so blessed with it!  We all can go on walks and run errands and go out to eat.  So much fun!

While in Rogers, I got to meet with a lawyer friend, who helped to file the papers to incorporate LGM as a legal non-profit.  Yay!  We are on our way to the 501©(3) status.  It will be a long, hard road, but it will be worth it and I’m thankful for the people God has brought along side the ministry to make it all happen.


It’s all for His Glory!  How wonderful that Jesus provides us with the gift of salvation and eternal life and that we also get to have an abundant life here serving Him!  He is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment