Sunday, November 3, 2013

October 27-November 3, 2013

This has been a week without a team at the mission house. I took advantage of getting time for resting, reading, studying and packing. I also tried to visit with a few friends, since I had flexible time.

I’m moving to a place of my own after the first of the year, so I’ve been sorting and purging and packing my stuff to get ready. Living in NYC for 2 years (missionary 2007-2009) in a one-room ‘sort-of’ apartment taught me a lot about space management. My room here in Nica is about the same size. I’ve packed a lot of stuff in this room. The main thing is to think vertical. Also, storing things under the bed and table, and using things for more than one purpose has come in handy. I’ve moved about 80% of my stuff to a friend’s house for storage. The rest (bed, fridge, rocker, clothes) will be moved a day or two before I leave for the states on Dec 3. My room feels so much bigger now! I’m enjoying the transition.

When I return to Nica in January, I’ll stay in a hostel owned by a friend while I am looking for a place of my own. A lot of decisions will depend on my support commitments for 2014 from my home church of FBC Rogers AR and from individual supporters who have been so wonderful to me over the past 6 years. I could not be here to serve without their love, prayers and support!

I have also gotten the chance this past week to meet with the Bible Study classes that had to be sidelined during our busy summer of teams and also my 7 weeks in the states. It was good to work on curriculum and prepare for the classes. I love to study God’s Word and share it!

We’ll be meeting in different places for the month of November, since we have 3 weeks of teams coming. After I return in January, we will start meeting in my place. I will also get the chance to start some other Bible Studies that I feel God leading me to do. I’m very excited for the future!

Some of my friends here in Nica have had babies this year. I’m looking forward to seeing those kiddos! How precious!

I’ve decided to start listening to Christmas music, now that it’s November. I want to be really in the mood for Christmas when I hit the states the first week of December. That season goes by so fast! It will be exciting, though!

I am so thankful for all of the ways that God has allowed me to serve and grow this year. He is always challenging me and is always with me. I trust Him totally with my future and every single minute of my life. He is faithful and I am thankful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment