Thursday, November 14, 2013

November 4-9, 2013 TX Dentist team

I got a lot accomplished in the week without a team. This week, we have a small team of 5 people here from Texas, who are doing a dental clinic for 3 days.

It was so good to see Pastor Jamie Hill and also to see Dr. Terry Driggers and his daughter Elyse again. The 2 new gals were so sweet and I loved getting to be around them this week. The time went by so quickly!

We set up the dental clinic here at the team house for a couple of days and brought patients from some of our church plant neighborhoods in by van for some TLC. It was quite the operation going on! Many people were blessed to have much needed work done on their teeth and everyone was blessed to hear the Gospel.

There were some worship services attended where the team shared testimonies and messages and did a lot of praying. A few Feeding Centers were visited and of course, we had a visit to the ice cream shop and dinner at Suyapa beach.

It was a lovely week of service and sharing. I was blessed to get to be with the team.

I also got the chance to teach some Bible Study classes! I was thrilled! I had missed everyone in the classes so much.

The lady leaders from the VOH church plants have all changed except for Lesbia at La Quimera church. It was great to get to meet the new ladies and Lesbia shared her experiences over the last year with them. Not only is the class on Monday afternoons a chance for the leaders to learn the lesson they will teach in their churches later in the week, it is a time to come together and encourage each other and pray for one another. I love the blessed time that we have together!

The team left at 4am on Saturday morning and I think we all have fond memories of the ministry week.

The next team came in at noon on Saturday, so Mary and I took advantage of getting breakfast out at one of our favorite restaurants. I had my usual waffles and eggs. Nick and Danilo were leaving for the Managua airport mid-morning, so they stopped in for breakfast, too, and joined us.

Mary and I then headed back to the photocopiadora to pick up the printed lessons for me to share with the ladies on the following Monday. Then we headed back to the team house to await the team.

I got some laundry done and took a short nap. It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment