Sunday, May 24, 2009

May 24, 2009

Sunday afternoon. It's been a good weekend so far. Very restful. I don't quite know what to do with myself in this laid-back land.


Friday, I worked on unpacking boxes and setting up my office a little. I had the help of my friend Joe. I got to have lunch at Number 1 Buffet, one of my favs in Rogers. Also got the chance to shop in a little 'everything' kind of store. Spent a whole $1.00!!


I've been able to fit a small nap in each day. My body is in 'healing mode' since I'm here in a more relaxed mode. I'm sleeping well, also. Rogers is so good for my health. :)


This morning was a really nice time of worship. Bro Wes got in at 2am this morning from 20+ hours of travel back from a mission trip to Nicaragua. He did a good job of preaching and letting God speak through him. I know he had to be so very tired. It was great getting to see so many people in the halls. Hugs and smiles all around!

This afternoon I took some things over to Deanna's house, where I will be living. I get the use of a bedroom (with 2 whole closets!!!), a bathroom of my own, and a den with a sofa and tv. I also get to use the rest of the house, including a REAL kitchen and laundry room, living room, dining room, fenced in backyard and part of the garage. I just can't believe how gracious Deanna is and how God is providing for me. I met Jet - the dog, Lucy Alice - the cat, and the 4 fish in the outdoor pond/fountain. Deanna says I can use her sewing machine - yay!! I just can't ask for more. I am so blessed!!! Also, I decided to name the car Chariot. (I'm known for naming vehicles) Everyone has been so kind to me. It makes me want to be even more loving to others...

It's been very interesting experiencing all of the emotions and revelations from God as He has brought me here to serve. He has grown me in so many areas. He has deepened my faith and strengthened my obedience. It's like He has added vivid color to black and white or watercolor views that I had before. I feel that anywhere I live will be temporary, but 'home' for as long as He has me there. I feel that every moment is special and should not be wasted or taken for granted. Every encounter and relationship should be cherished and explored and nurtured. The less I try to hang on to things for security, the more God provides for me, both physically and emotionally. My living expenses are markedly less than living in nyc. However, I am still living on donations and pledges, and have a lot of catching up to do with taxes for 2008. So I will still be living on a very tight budget, but He is providing for me in many special ways. I am so thankful to everyone who continues to support me financially. And even more appreciative to those who often lift me in prayer. Thank you!


The less that I am in control, the more trusting I am in Him. I love this growth He is doing in me.


I am looking so forward to meeting with people and see where God is working and how we can all be involved. God is in the relationship business and I love being a little helper. I am very thankful that God is allowing me to experience these 'seasons' of serving in my life. I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment