Saturday, November 1, 2014

October 31, 2014

It’s the last day of October – all ready!
I’m in AR for 3 weeks and going through many emotions.

My traveling day was very nice.  Even though we had no water at the house the night before or the morning that I left León, and I was very much in need of a shower, I was ready to leave home at 3:30am.  My friend, Jorge, drove his family’s taxi to take me to the airport.  Their family didn’t have water in their neighborhood either.  But, we survived the ride.  Lol  I laid back my seat and had a little nap on the way to the airport.  I didn’t get carsick this time and I was very thankful!

All of my airport experiences and flights were routine and there were no problems.  That was very much a blessing.  I slept off and on during the flight to Atlanta, partly because the plane was only about 1/3 full.  In Atlanta, I caught up with the Smiths, some fellow missionaries and we enjoyed trying out the new Customs process.  We had lunch together and shared about our ministries and how we feel God moving in our lives for 2015.   I really enjoyed getting to spend the time with them.

We arrived a little early in NWA, so I got the chance to sit on a bench outside the airport and enjoy the beautiful weather.  Nichole picked me up and we stopped at the store on the way to Deanna’s, so that I could get some food for the week.  It was really great to get to Deanna’s and see her and Jet (the dog).  I was pleasantly tired and slept very well that night.

I got to spend a few days with Deanna before she left for a week in Las Vegas with her daughter’s family.  She comes home tonight and I look forward to getting to spend more time with her over the next 2 weeks.

I’ve been running errands, visiting with people, taking care of medical appointments and other personal business while here.  I have lots of things to do at the house this week (packing up the rest of my things for storage) and will be spending more time inside than running around. 

I have purged and organized and purged more and packed for storage and purged some more over the last 7 years of serving in the mission field.  There are still things that you just don’t know what to do with.  Those things are going to storage and I’ll figure it out later.  Some things need to be packed up and ready for people to bring down to Nica for me.  I’ll be glad to be on the finished end of that chore.  I’m weary of dealing with life’s ‘stuff’ and like the liberation of not having a lot of material things.

I’ve been working on the document process of getting my resident status in Nica.  I should be able to have all of my U.S. papers ready to take back with me this trip.  So, hopefully, that process can continue and be complete by spring.

I’ve started the process of Living Grace Ministry becoming a 501(c)(3) non-profit entity.  It’s a big undertaking and I don’t like to mess with lots of red tape.  But, I feel that God wants this next step for the ministry and for the future of His ministry, so I will be obedient and trudge through.  I have been blessed that a lawyer friend, Josh, has agreed to do the legal stuff for free.  He is checking on an accounting friend to help with the initial IRS stuff, too.  Step by step, but it will get done sometime in 2015.

I’m currently praying over whom God has chosen to be asked to serve on the Board of Directors.  God is going to do some awesome things in the ministry in this next year, and I’m excited to see what all He has planned!  And I’ll do whatever He directs me to do, no matter how ‘unfun’ it is.  I’m blessed to be able to do whatever He asks.
And I know that I will be blessed to work along side these special people.

My financial support from my home church will be adjusted down, so that it is equal with what other missionaries from the church get.  My missions pastor was a little uncomfortable to tell me, but I knew that I would be adjusted down, and I know that God will supply in the ways HE chooses, so I’m not worried.  I know that God is doing different things in the ministry this coming year and I’m excited to see who the new people are that God will lead to be a part of the team, either through  prayer, finances or physical work.

I just finished a Bible Study on Gideon with some of my missionary friends in Nica.  It has been very impactful in my life right now.  Especially, with the changes in finances and advanced structure.  Trusting God with all that I am, including my ‘lack’ in many areas, is such a blessing to me and strengthens my walk with Him.  I am thankful for all of those moments.

The weather here is very ‘fall-ish’ and I love it.  However, it’s supposed to be unseasonably cold tonight and tomorrow.  I’ll be ready to be back in Nica when I get back, but for now, I’m enjoying the cold.  (knowing it’s only temporary for me!)

Deann’s home and we are all ready for a good night’s sleep.  I look forward to tomorrow, since I get to stay home most of the day and work around here and hang out with her.  I think I’ll probably make some homemade soup!  Yum!


God is so good, all the time.  I’m thankful for all of the opportunities that I got to talk with people and share about what He is doing in Nica.  Some of the encounters were planned and some were a surprise to me (but not to Him).  I’m so blessed.  And He is so faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment