Tuesday, June 11, 2013

May 3-8, 2013

First day back in the states. Lots on my to-list and loving it! I’m SO BLESSED to be able to borrow a car from my wonderful friends Vickie and Michael Brown. It makes all of the errand-running so much easier! They always bless me in many ways. I’m thankful that God brought them into my life many years ago at a kid’s camp in Smackover AR!

This week before leaving for Indiana, I have doctor appointments, dinner appointments and a long list of shopping items that were requested by my friends in Nica. The first day I hit Target and Walmart, have a doctor’s appointment and dinner plans. Deanna got back from Las Vegas this evening and her friend Amy stopped by the house to pick up a coat for Deanna to wear home from the airport. It’s cold!!!

I tried to balance my errands and appointments with some rest time. Deanna always fusses at me to get rest and not push myself too much. But it’s hard! I love spending time with her, though, so it’s a pleasant experience when I can get myself to do it.

On Sunday, I went to FBC Rogers and spoke to a Ladies class that helps to support me in Nica. I got to meet some new ladies and share what God is doing in Nica. It was sweet. I then went to the 9am service and got to make my pledge for the new building campaign. Then I hotfooted it over to the Olive Street church to worship with Cuerpo Vivo. I loved the Spanish worship and really loved getting to see my friends. I treated myself to lunch at my favorite Chinese place, shopped in a few more stores and then headed back to Deanna’s for a restful afternoon. I enjoyed practicing on my good guitar. My fingers were so happy!

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday were spent going to Dr appointments, having meals with friends, shopping, walking, getting some computer work done and practicing Guitar. The week was over before I knew it! I enjoyed running into friends. God is so good at bringing little surprises into my day! Wednesday, I got some laundry done and packed my suitcase for my trip to Indiana. It’s going to be a whirl-wind trip!

I’m keeping my eyes and heart open for the divine appointment that God will bring into my day. I’m spending some quality time alone with Him, asking Him to take control of ALL of me. He is so precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment