Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May 1, 2013

It’s a holiday here, so there are no workers besides Alberto. Edmundo was on duty to drive me anywhere I wanted to go. I didn’t know that he was told to work. I told German to go ahead and send him home. If I go to town, I’ll get a taxi. No sense in someone working his holiday to just sit around and see if I want to go to town or not.

There was supposed to be a women’s retreat here today, but they never showed up. I guess that church changed its mind. It’s been very quiet. I did get up early and do my laundry so it would be done before the retreat. Buster is going around sleeping in different spots. It’s so funny to run across him lying on his back with his four legs up in the air. What a goof!

I had some yummy leftover Arroz Aguado for lunch! I love it cold. I think I will go to town for dinner later. Other than that, I have been charging up my electronics to pack, packing travel clothes and souvenirs and what work documents that I need to have with me. I’m all ready now! I just have to finish cleaning out my fridge.

I’ve sent out some messages and made phone calls. I hope to have a restful afternoon and be able to go to sleep early. I need to find my alarm clock to get up at 2:30am. Travel days are about the only times that I use an alarm clock. You just wake up early here.

I’m looking forward to seeing family and friends in the states. But it is still hard to not be here. I’m open to all of the opportunities that God allows for me bless someone and to be loved on myself! God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment